Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Steam & Excursion > USA Steam 9

Date: 04/17/19 03:19
USA Steam 9
Author: andersonb109

One more series from Owosso, MI. But this time a different loco. NKP 765 visited Michigan in Summer, 2009 and was still there for a Historic Preservation's charter in October.  Actors and vehicles including a vintage bus were extensively used for staged scenes. All part of a promotional video commissioned for the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society. Just prior to the Owosso event, a one day charter was run on the Little River Railroad at Coldwater, MI. The world's smallest Pacific No. 110 was used, seen here in the rain at Reading, MI. Unfortunately, our good looking train which included a beautifully restored wood B&O red box car was truncated when the FRA wouldn't allow the car out on the line as it didn't meet currently safety standards. The fact that no one would be actually riding the train was lost on them. 

Date: 04/17/19 06:50
Re: USA Steam 9
Author: train671

The Carland location in the first photo always seems to produce some great images.  The 1225 and
4449 have also graced this location with wonderful results.  Thanks for sharing your efforts.

Date: 04/17/19 14:14
Re: USA Steam 9
Author: Topfuel

That's the first time I've ever seen the 765 with the white-wall tires and the white running board stripes painted out.  Yeah, I know it's an opinion thing, but I think it looks 100% better this way.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds