Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Steam & Excursion > USA Steam 10

Date: 04/18/19 03:28
USA Steam 10
Author: andersonb109

Finally, a break from Michigan. Here is D&RGW No. 315 at Los Pinos, CO in September, 2009.This was it's first trip to the Cumbres and Toltec after restoration.  I had thought about booking onto the trains but was too late deciding so instead purchased a chase pass. That provided detailed timings of all the specials run by the C&T.  The goal was to make a little extra money and prevent free loaders from chasing and photographing what others have paid for. I think that's an excellent idea. Far too many don't even think about paying anything for the privilege of photographing.  Some private charter organizers even go so far as to "decorate" the engines, then taking the decorations (usually safety vests) off for the runpasts. Second night shot is at the coal triple at Chama yard.  This series will pause for about three weeks as I'm off on Mr. Anderson's former employer to Europe tonight for two steam charters....Latvia and Germany...and a non steam event in Turkey where Yana and I will be meeting...no railway in sight there much less steam. So her TO fans will be disappointed there will be no more Virgil Staff type photos coming. 

Date: 04/18/19 19:37
Re: USA Steam 10
Author: Bob3985

Your night photo is totally awesome.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0246 seconds