Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Steam & Excursion > A little Echo Canyon chase.

Date: 05/08/19 08:29
A little Echo Canyon chase.
Author: howeld

Traffic wasn’t terrible.  About what you would expect.  Get your shot and move on.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/08/19 08:47
Re: A little Echo Canyon chase.
Author: eljay

Thanks for posting!

It appears to my untrained eye that the steam leakage on the front engine is much less than on Sat., May 4.

Wonder if TLC from the crew and seating-in are working their magic or more because the train is downgrade and 4014 not working very hard?

I hope it's the former!

Date: 05/08/19 09:02
Author: bobdavis

I would vote for answer #1.  Believe me, the 4014 was NOT drifting going up the grade to the twin tunnels east of Evanston last Monday, and the steam leak looked minor to another pair of untrained eyes - mine.  That engine was downright blasting going by us that morning; they had put the diesel into full dynamics and was coasting the 844, letting the 4014 do all of the work, and it sounded great!

Bob

Date: 05/08/19 10:08
Author: HotWater

eljay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting!
>
> It appears to my untrained eye that the steam
> leakage on the front engine is much less than on
> Sat., May 4.

That's mostly due to traveling down grade, and only working enough throttle to provide lubrication and some draft for the fire.

> Wonder if TLC from the crew and seating-in are
> working their magic or more because the train is
> downgrade and 4014 not working very hard?

Yes, i.e. going down grade.

> I hope it's the former!

Date: 05/08/19 13:23
Author: atsf121

Great video, I was at the rest stop and the traffic getting out of there was nuts. The only thing that let me catch up again were the stops in Echo and Morgan.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds