Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Steam & Excursion > Congratulations due

Date: 05/10/19 08:09
Congratulations due
Author: dougd

Congrats to the whole UP Steam crew for a job excellently done-   thanks as well to UP who had the courage and foresight to finance and sustain this huge ptoject

As I stood beside the tracks at Riview, Wy and E. Grainger.Wy and 4014 ROARED past at 40 mph +-, all I could say was WOW,          this is the perfect use of the  word AWESOME .

UP------------WOW!         AWESOME! 

Doug D. 
Lander, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/19 08:47 by dougd.

Date: 05/10/19 09:21
Re: Congratulations due
Author: kjkriigel

AWESOME indeed!  They did what many considered to be impossible...what many said could never be done!  UP and the crew went and did it and we are in awe!
And... this train ran ON TIME!!!  Thanks and congratulations to all who played a part to make this dream a reality!

Date: 05/10/19 09:23
Author: train671

No question that the steam crew appears to have done a very good job of rebuilding the
engine and operating the entire consist to Odgen.  It should also be acknowledged that
Union Pacific's Board of Directors also agreed to spend a "ton" of the stockholder's
funds to make this great event happen.  Thanks to all involved in making this happen.

Date: 05/10/19 10:20
Author: bobdavis

Roger on  the congratulations to the Steam Team, and let's all hope that some major change in corporate philosophy doesn't keep the 844, 4014, and (hopefully some day) 3985 from providing many more experiences like the one we just enjoyed. 

Bob
Thayne, WY

Date: 05/10/19 10:41
Author: dougd

Bob    can you imagine a double header   3985 and 4014?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/19 11:15 by dougd.

Date: 05/10/19 12:04
Author: bobdavis

Probably won't happen any time soon, but then again, who ten years ago would've dreamed of an operational Big Boy in 2019!!

Bob

Date: 05/10/19 13:18
Author: andersonb109

Where are the naysayers now? Although it did make for some entertaining reading. I recall someone posted when the 844 was coming back on line they wouldn't go anywhere near it for fear of it blowing up. Really? 

Date: 05/10/19 17:17
Author: CaliforniaSteam

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where are the naysayers now? Although it did make
> for some entertaining reading. I recall someone
> posted when the 844 was coming back on line they
> wouldn't go anywhere near it for fear of it
> blowing up. Really? 

See another post to send this thread down drain! I don't think any of the critic's on here ever said this project wouldn't get done. 5 Years, unlimited budget, contractors, and a full crew, I sure hope he got it done. So I don't see what your point is for calling out people, personally I didn't care weather is was done or not. I stated that along time ago. I'm just waiting for the 3985 to get up a running since this 4014 project is done, since this was promised to happen.

CS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/19 17:28 by CaliforniaSteam.

Date: 05/11/19 21:51
Author: cchan006

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Where are the naysayers now? Although it did make
> for some entertaining reading. I recall someone
> posted when the 844 was coming back on line they
> wouldn't go anywhere near it for fear of it
> blowing up. Really? 

You can label me a "naysayer." I'm right here.

I'm surprised you didn't complaint about the diesel in the consist like you usually do. I congratulate (most of) the Big Boy fans from restraining their snark against the "naysayers" once it became obvious this event was going to be a success, but like CS said above, you ruined that. Not the first time you've ruined conversations here on TO... but I'm used to your antics.

I'm VERY relieved on how the UP Steam's celebration of the 150th Anniversary of the Golden Spike has been progressing. Congratulations are definitely due. There were certain things that I wanted to see happen, but I already voice that weeks ago, so no need to repeat that again. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0611 seconds