Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steam engines, automobiles, and a helicopter

Date: 05/12/19 14:53
Steam engines, automobiles, and a helicopter
Author: walstib

I caught 4014 twice today — up on a hillside above the 84 freeway west of Morgan, and standing next to robj, where he took the photos he posted earlier today.

Here's a video, complete with freeway traffic and a helicopter up above.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/12/19 15:17
Re: Steam engines, automobiles, and a helicopter
Author: upmodeler

Nice video.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/12/19 15:20
Author: Trainman41

I'm hoping Drones replace Helicopters for video productions...helicopters have always been annoying, when  people
are trying to make audio or video presentations.  I suppose for special occasions like 4014,  we will never get rid of
the news helicopters

Date: 05/12/19 15:22
Author: walstib

Helicopters can be annoying, no doubt, but compared to the helicopter that followed the 3985 with the circus train in 2010, this one was nothing.

Date: 05/12/19 15:58
Author: MILW16

You certainly did the right thing to climb up the hillside.  That's a beautiful video.  Probably far better (and more relaxed) than what the chasers were getting.  Thanks for posting it.

Date: 05/12/19 16:06
Author: DavidP

Nice shot Brian!  I was off the freeway just to the left of your view.

Dave

Date: 05/12/19 17:36
Author: srman

Great video however I find it hilarious with all that traffic following along side and behind. I would imagine those travelers who had no clue of this event were wondering what the hell was going on. 

Date: 05/12/19 17:41
Author: atsf121

Really nice video Brian, you had a great spot there - and the weather was perfect today.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/12/19 22:45
Author: jtbrandt

Nice capture of the one railfan running down directly in fron of another right as the train gets close. I dont even chase/photo trains and seeing that pissed ME off a bit!

Date: 05/13/19 00:21
Author: dan

walstib Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Helicopters can be annoying, no doubt, but
> compared to the helicopter that followed the 3985
> with the circus train in 2010, this one was
> nothing. 

the circus chartered that one,  their train 

Date: 05/13/19 03:45
Author: BigDave

I want to put the theme from "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" onto this video. :D

Date: 05/13/19 04:47
Author: ns1000

Thanks for the video...

Date: 05/13/19 07:38
Author: viatrainrider

Beautiful work especially for those of us who can't be there.  More passenger cars than train going to Ogden.  Was this the return trip?

Date: 05/13/19 08:08
Author: foamer66

I know there is nothing like being there live, with the rumble and the roar, but when I see the moving zoo that you so aptly captured, I think I am better off enjoying this whole event from the comfort of my media.  I lived in CA during the Freedom Train event, it was fantastic, but I was forty-three years younger.

Kudos to all who have posted the fantastic photos and videos of the event.

Date: 05/13/19 13:16
Author: wingomann

I had to watch it twice before I noticed the helecopter.  It didn't seem too bad.  They were pretty high up and not really in the pictures.  I have seen them a lot closer on other special rail events.  
​I do feel sorry for all the non-railfans who got stuck in the traffic.  Looking at the cars you can guess who were railfans and who weren't.  Everyone talks about dangerous driving at these events but when people are driving like they are in a NASCAR pace lap I can see the frustration of the people behind.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds