Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4014 From Above

Date: 05/14/19 19:05
4014 From Above
Author: csxcophotographers

Thought I would share a powerful image from above as part of our 2 hour helicopter chase from Ogden.

Hope everyone had a chance to see this beast and maybe more chances this summer, but not in areas where it orignally graced the rails.

Date: 05/15/19 06:17
Re: 4014 From Above
Author: atsf121

Wow!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/15/19 06:52
Author: Spikes

SUPER. Can you delete the two jokers on the tracks and repost image?

Date: 05/15/19 07:06
Author: WaterBoy

Quoted> Thought I would share a powerful image from above as part of our 2 hour helicopter chase from Ogden. < Quoted

So it was you guys that had that noisy Robinson R44 helicopter
flying overhead that ruined the sound on so many video recordings!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/19 07:49 by WaterBoy.

Date: 05/15/19 07:31
Author: BAB

They are one very noisy heli for sure more like a bunch of bees and yes they get into shots quite often much like when they followed 700 years back to Montana.

Date: 05/15/19 12:14
Author: jst3751

WaterBoy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quoted> Thought I would share a powerful image
> from above as part of our 2 hour helicopter chase
> from Ogden. < Quoted
>
> So it was you guys that had that noisy Robinson
> R44 helicopter
> flying overhead that ruined the sound on so many
> video recordings!!!

AH the true person is starting to show face. Maybe somebody at UP Corporate forgot to contact the FAA to issue a TFR for anywhere near the train so as to prevent any helicoptor from ruining any videos.

Date: 05/15/19 13:37
Author: LocoPilot750

How are they getting drone footage without the drone noise ? Or are they ?

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/19 18:14 by LocoPilot750.

Date: 05/15/19 18:45

Cry us a river.. Some of us have to make a living.. Sorry we can't accomodate your videos to watch at home. Perhaps you can ask the other railfans to clear your shot next time so you are the only one there.

UP would never be granted a TFR because their train is not seen as a security issue or a national disaster.

Date: 05/15/19 20:59
Author: spdaylight

csxcophotographers Wrote:
> Cry us a river..

Great attitude . .   its all about you getting your footage and screw everybody else . . . 

Date: 05/15/19 21:26

Its sort of like owning a pizza franchise. Not everyone is going to be happy with the Pizza that is put out, but quite a few hundred people will just go about their business. It's not about the attitude, its about someone has a job to do and someone has a hobby. Key word is hobby. Perhaps you would think differently if this was your livelyhood, or perhaps you are independantly weathly and do not have to worry about car, house and other payments.

Perhaps next time, we will ask them to hold up those payments, while we find a solution to block out the noise for your enjoyment.

Have you tried editing software that could help you with the noise removal and transfer of sound?

Date: 05/16/19 06:08
Author: steamfan49

csxcophotographers Wrote:
> Its sort of like owning a pizza franchise. Not everyone is going to be happy with the Pizza that is put out, but quite a few hundred people will just go about their business.

NO it is NOT sort of like owning a pizza franchise.  If someone doesn't like your pizza, they can just go to another pizza joint.  HOWEVER, with your noisy helicopter, NO one can escape the noise, so you ruin videos for thousands of folks.

<It's not about the attitude, its about someone has a job to do and someone has a hobby. Key word is hobby. 

Hobby it is, but that hobby is important to every single person using video, and should not be belittled.  And by the way, it is about the ATTITUDE, your attitude.  I was okay with the initial posting and comments, but your ATTITUDE, in replying, prompted my response.

> Have you tried editing software that could help you with the noise removal and transfer of sound?

NO, I don't have the time to invest in editing, other than trimming.  Nor should I be forced to do so

All that being said, I am glad you were able to benefit financially from the excursion, as most of us spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, just to be able to get the experience from GROUND level.

Ronnie McCallay
Cañon City, CO

Date: 05/16/19 08:03
Author: jst3751

steamfan49 Wrote:
> All that being said, I am glad you were able to
> benefit financially from the excursion, as most of
> us spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars,
> just to be able to get the experience from GROUND
> level.

Did I miss the fine print somewhere that said if you spent thousands of dollars (to airlines, gas stations, rental cars, hotels, restaurants, etc) to be track-side on government paid for public land (since we know railfans never trespass on private or railroad owned land) that you were guaranteed the opportunity to take a perfect video without any possible noise or other nuisance distractions?

Date: 05/16/19 09:13

Thats a great statement of fact JT3751. Thanks for seeing it the same way we do and perhaps several other thousands didnt care much about.

In regards to the pizza comment, I think he is missing the point that you cant keep everyone happy just like making a pizza, some will be happy others wont. The last time I checked, the train did travel through multiple states, perhaps this person who was concerned with the noise could have gone to Wyoming, where there may not have been any noise at all.

Date: 05/17/19 16:04
Author: steamfan49

jst3751 Wrote:
> steamfan49 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All that being said, I am glad you were able to
> > benefit financially from the excursion, as most
> of
> > us spent hundreds, if not thousands of dollars,
> > just to be able to get the experience from
> GROUND
> > level.
>
> Did I miss the fine print somewhere that said if
> you spent thousands of dollars (to airlines, gas
> stations, rental cars, hotels, restaurants, etc)
> to be track-side on government paid for public
> land (since we know railfans never trespass on
> private or railroad owned land) that you were
> guaranteed the opportunity to take a perfect video
> without any possible noise or other nuisance
> distractions?
No, you did not miss the fine print, and I wasn't asking for a guarantee at all.  I was referencing CSXcophotographers blatant disregard of "hobbyist type" folks, simply because he is a PROFESSIONAL, getting paid to fly around in his helicopter, taking videos for monetary gain.  I don't begrudge him the opportunity to make money, but don't belittle the folks who just want to enjoy the experience.  Bottom line, just leave the little folks alone and go about your business of making money.  You don't have to talk down to them.

Ronnie McCallay
Cañon City, CO

Date: 05/18/19 01:20
Author: justalurker66

steamfan49 Wrote:
> I was referencing CSXcophotographers blatant disregard of "hobbyist type"
> folks, simply because he is a PROFESSIONAL, getting paid to fly around
> in his helicopter, taking videos for monetary gain.

As a professional photographer he is relying on selling his video to the same type of people that he annoyed.

The solution is simple. Don't pay for his video. If there were no money in his behavior, he would change his behavior. Right?

Then move on to the thousands of occassional rail fans who have no concept of a "photo line" and either are ignorant of how to get their shot without ruining 100 other people's shot or just don't give a damn about anyone else's shot. Being a non-occasional rail fan I understand that those people (ignorant and inconsiderate) exist and do my best to work around their behavior. But the scenes from Promotory and Ogden where many in the "mass of humanity" section of the crowd ended up with photos and video of the cameras of the people in front of them instead of the engines show that one cannot guarantee a clean shot.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0643 seconds