Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Steam & Excursion > The Three River Valley Flyer RDC Excursion

Date: 05/18/19 14:30
The Three River Valley Flyer RDC Excursion
Author: Pattenburg

The Railroad Historians of the Lehigh Valley and Lehigh Valley Chapter, NRHS combined their efforts to run the "Three River Valley Flyer" excursion, the three river valleys being Schuykill, Lehigh and Susquehanna River Valleys. It started out in Port Clinton on Saturday morning at 9 AM and arrived at Nesquehoning Junction around 10:30. Once at the Junction it would not head into Jim Thorpe but head towards points north such as Penobscot, Coxton Yard, etc. The move at Nesquehoning Jct caught me off guard when it came to videotape which explains the shortness of the video. Still was an interesting sight to see it crossing over the Lehigh River.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/19 14:32 by Pattenburg.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/18/19 19:44
Re: The Three River Valley Flyer RDC Excursion
Author: warren1977

I just got home from this extravaganza, it was a long day, with most of the afternoon sitting at Pittston yard after RDC 9167 had an electrical problem and refused to move.
There were lots of photographers out, much more will be posted.
Kudos to the R&N employees, and the members of the sponsoring NRHS chapter for looking after passenger welfare as best they could, and for the gestures of goodwill to make up for any disappointment.

Date: 05/20/19 06:08
Re: The Three River Valley Flyer RDC Excursion
Author: DHClerk_68

H, Warren, Mike Eggleston your seat partner here.  Nice stuff you posted. If you need to contact me by e-mail, it is rrclerk68@gmail.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.045 seconds