Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Steam & Excursion > The Royal Hudson gets some air

Date: 06/30/19 22:30
The Royal Hudson gets some air
Author: loleta

Royal Hudson 2860 left its roundhouse home over the weekend, and posed for the northbound Rocky Mountaineer in Squamish.

Loleta Fernbridge

Date: 06/30/19 22:43
Re: The Royal Hudson gets some air
Author: Sasquatch

Beautiful shots, Loleta!  I love the misty mountains in the background; nothing says "Canadian (Canadien) Pacific Northwest" like those mountains!  I was just looking at my spankin' new Rapido HO scale Royal Hudson model, so your photos are right on time for me.  Very nice; thanks for posting your always great BC shots.

-Tom in Seattle

Date: 06/30/19 23:40
Author: bearease

Great pictures!
Does 2860 still run excursions?
I got to ride behind her waaaaayyy back in 1976!

Date: 07/01/19 10:55
Author: tomstp

I rode behind it in 1995.  15 cars and slipped only 2 times on the trip in spite of curve oilers all over the track.  Very impressive engine.

Date: 07/01/19 11:06
Author: loleta

bearease Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does 2860 still run excursions?

Not at the moment.
- L.F.

Date: 07/01/19 11:18
Author: A-1

Is there any progress toward returning her to operation being made?

Posted from Android

Date: 07/01/19 16:38
Author: 2839Canadian

I was told during a visit to the museum three years ago that the 2860 needed some work, and was receiving it.

If/when she becomes roadworthy, will CN allow steam excursions on its ex-BCR line?  Are there enough passenger cars?

Date: 07/01/19 20:15
Author: gregscholl

I got to see this engine 2 or 3 times.  The last was in 1996 on a big Canada trip.  I combined two videos onto one dvd later on, and there are some nice scenes on the Squamish train.  One of my favorites is in this preview for "Western Canada Combo" where by you get a nice dopler effect at Lions Bay crossing.  We got lucky one day and 3716 was running a break-in freight as well as 2860 on the passenger train.
Scroll down to the 4th or 5th video on this link.
http://www.gregschollvideo.com/previews9.html

Greg Scholl
http://www.gregschollvideo.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds