Home Open Account Help 364 users online

Steam & Excursion > South Africa Steam 8

Date: 07/18/19 03:15
South Africa Steam 8
Author: andersonb109

First a correction.  In some previous posts, I identified the Class 24 which has a Vanderbilt Tender as the 19B and the 19B which has the standard tender as the Class 24. Sorry for the error. For my last day on the tour, along with my friend Ad Van Stein from the Netherlands, we followed the charter by car from Worcester to Klass Voogdsrivier, selecting two quality locations along the way rather than several "gram and go" shots. The reason being we both had flights from Cape Town later that afternoon.  I had decided to forgo the last three days of the tour on a line I had done many times in the past to have three days in Ukraine with Yana before joining a five day steam tour in Finland (see and earlier post on the European Board about the new Borispol Airport train if interested).  For this day, the 19B led the 19D on a mixed train. I'll post a few from Finland in the next few days. In closing, here's a photo from the beautiful park in White Church, Ukraine, about a two hours drive from Kiev. That's where Yana grew up and her mom and step father have a small country house. Even though there is no train in the park, it was still better than a few lost days of steam in South Africa! Thanks again to all who commented on this photo series and to Todd for the Image of the Day on Tuesday. It was fun to do it.

Date: 07/19/19 13:36
Re: South Africa Steam 8
Author: DrawingroomA

Thanks for your effort in sharing these great photos. It makes me wish I was a serious photographer.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds