Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Steam & Excursion > Southern Railway 401 on July 20th

Date: 07/20/19 20:28
Southern Railway 401 on July 20th
Author: MaryMcPherson

Here are a few shots of Southern Railway #401 at Monticello this afternoon.  The locomotive wasn't the only thing that was hot today!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/20/19 22:05
Re: Southern Railway 401 on July 20th
Author: train671

Mary, thanks for your enjoyable video especially the last part with the engine chugging
upgrade and sounding "her" whistle.  Too often, some folks wish for that little chance
to see an old steam engine doing her magic and THINK that there just isn't an opportunity
to enjoy what YOUR video shows.  There really are a lot of working steam engines throughout
the USA that can be seen, ridden and enjoyed and lots of time they really aren't that far from
where we live.  What those engines really need is for US to do a little research and just pay
the tab, enjoy the ride and keep the train going.......  Mary, thanks for sharing....

Date: 07/21/19 14:43
Author: nycman

Very nicely done, Mary.  That last segment is super.  Amen, Joe, and we have witnessed and ridden quite a few of them.

Date: 07/21/19 15:55
Author: ns1000

Cool video!!

Date: 07/21/19 16:55
Author: 1019X

Mary
Great video, thank you for sharing. I was amazed at the amount of "air" you see under the Rock Island Coach.  I don't think I have ever seen that much noticable open space between the car body and the truck sides before.

Date: 07/23/19 19:24
Author: Larry020

Great video!

i too noticed that the RI cars seemed tall.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds