Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Steam & Excursion > Things Are Looking Up... Southern 401

Date: 07/22/19 06:10
Things Are Looking Up... Southern 401
Author: MaryMcPherson

Okay... bad pun on the title?

These are a few scenes I shot on Sunday.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/22/19 06:44
Re: Things Are Looking Up... Southern 401
Author: Bob3985

Thanks for sharing the footage Mary. I especially enjoyed the scene looking out of the depot window from the operators desk.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/22/19 13:36
Author: nycman

Very nice.  Your camera couldn't have liked that cylinder cock spray at 25 seconds.  Looks like the hogger knew where the camera was on the next pass, as he shut off the cylinder cocks.  Trememdous zoom capability and well used.

Date: 07/22/19 16:59
Author: SR_Krause

That's absolutely fantastic! Only safe way to see the oil burner from underneath (and a lot of other mechanics). The excellent running footage pales by comparison.

For someone who knows: Is that a doppler radar I spy at 1:43, visible mounted on a bracket, angled down just behind the injector overflow pipe? Clever way of getting a speedometer. (If it's the model I think it is, it's primarily used for ag implements.)

SRK

Steve Krause
Chillicothe, IL

Date: 07/22/19 20:01
Author: MaryMcPherson

nycman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your camera couldn't have liked that cylinder cock spray at 25 seconds.

It didn't cuss me out after the fact.  Actually it was the microphone that took a direct hit, but that was covered in several layers of windproofing and the outer layer is all that got dampened.

By the time they pull the train out of the car barn, the engine has been moving around the yard for a few minutes and the cylinders have had a chance to warm up.  He opened the cocks briefly for any condensation while they were pumping up the train.  Shutting them when he did had nothing to do with me or the camera, let me assure you.

One morning when I was taking still photos, I got blasted from them hard enough that my entire left side was soaked and my hat went about seven or eight feet.  Got the photo though, and it ended up on the cover of the Piatt County atlas several years ago.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 07/22/19 20:11
Author: wabash2800

You do some mighty fine photography Mary. That line doesn't have many scenic hightlights, but never-the-less you make it interesting. I can tell you put some thought into your work.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/19 11:34 by wabash2800.

Date: 07/22/19 20:58
Author: captain

excellent! Captain

Date: 07/23/19 09:51
Author: AAPRCO

Nothing like a brass bell.  Nice video.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0365 seconds