Home Open Account Help 404 users online

Steam & Excursion > SP 4449 Daylight Latest Status?

Date: 08/10/19 22:35
SP 4449 Daylight Latest Status?
Author: RailRat

Not to be lost in the mix, is she still operating, Has she been invited to any Steam engine gathering, Due for FRA 1294 shutdown (or whatever it's called), SHE is Truly a very Beautiful Lady both sitting, and in Operation.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 08/11/19 05:08
Re: SP 4449 Daylight Latest Status?
Author: HotWater

RailRat Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not to be lost in the mix, is she still operating,

She CAPABLE of operating whenever a request comes.

> Has she been invited to any Steam engine
> gathering,

Yes, she is always "invited", but then there are no "Steam engine gatherings" anyway. Plus the never ending question of, who pays to get her there (wherever it is)?

Due for FRA 1294 shutdown (or whatever
> it's called),

The FRA mandated 15 year/1472 inspection and re-certification, was completed about 3 years ago.

SHE is Truly a very Beautiful Lady
> both sitting, and in Operation.

Damned right!

Date: 08/11/19 07:02
Author: Jsporseen

4449 gets out for short runs/excursions and will pull the Holiday Express on weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas but no plans that I know of for an excursion like the one from PDX to Bend in June of 2017 that I was lucky enough to be on.  Anyway it is fully operational (as will be the 700 after its 1472) and we can only keep an eye on the <orhf.org> web site for future activities.

Incidentally, for those that are interested, the turntable project at the Oregon Rail Heritage Center is the current big project.  You can see some info about it at the above web site.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/19 07:05 by Jsporseen.

Date: 08/14/19 14:16
Author: nycman

Today, Wed. August 14, I got a notice from the ORHF that 4449 will be making a run to Oaks Park  and return on Friday, August 30.  Only 230 seats available and it is for ORHF members only.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0396 seconds