Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Steam & Excursion > Off Subject....How to correctly orientate vertical photos on TO?

Date: 09/06/19 02:40
Off Subject....How to correctly orientate vertical photos on TO?
Author: andersonb109

Hi everyone. I know this has been covered before but I can't locate the answer. I want to post some of photos from a recent Switzerland steam charter that I participated in. Many are vertical format. No matter how I rotate the photos in my files...left, right, upside down, whaterver, they still always post horizontal in the same direction. So how do I get the correct orientation on Train Orders?  Any help appreciated. Once I have it, I'll start the series. 

Date: 09/06/19 04:41
Re: Off Subject....How to correctly orientate vertical photos on
Author: LoggerHogger

You need to save the files on your computer in the orientation that you want them to appear on T.O..  Once you have done that, you transfer them from your computer file over to T.O. as an attachemnt.  That will leave them in the orientation you want them to appear here.

Martin

Date: 09/06/19 06:37
Author: LocoPilot750

I dont have a camera, just an android phone. Same thing happens to me, only a few are turned the right way, unless I go in and crop them. Sometimes I get lucky.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/06/19 09:07
Author: Josta

On a PC, I open the picture using Paint, rotate it, and re- save it.

John Acosta
Palm Springs, CA

Date: 09/06/19 16:08
Author: nycman

Bruce, send me one email and I'll see if I can orient it for you.

EDIT:  I see you have found how to do it in your posts above.  Great B&W photo of Yana and Kyrell, looks like many years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/19 16:18 by nycman.

Date: 09/07/19 22:07
Author: MojaveBill

Why do people take vertically-oriented pix with phones when horizontal is the standard for TV, etc.?

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds