Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Steam & Excursion > Happy birthday to me....AND 765!

Date: 09/09/19 12:12
Happy birthday to me....AND 765!
Author: junctiontower

Yesterday I turned 52 and NKP 765 hit the magic 75.  I was out of town, so I didn't have a chance to send my regards to my all time favorite locomotive on such a special occasion so I thought I would share a few of my favorite photos of her out doing what she does best. Bless you 765, the people at Lima that put you together in 1944, the NKP crews that tended to you and kept you from becoming razor blades, the City of Fort Wayne for having the forethought to save you, and most of all to the past and present members of the FWRHS for being such a wonderful caretaker to you for all of these years.  Now here's hoping that the powers that be in the City of Fort Wayne will get their collective heads out of their behinds and pave the way for you to have a proper home fitting a machine of your longevity and stature. Happy Birthday Magnificent Machine!

Date: 09/09/19 13:50
Re: Happy birthday to me....AND 765!
Author: refarkas

Bridge photo two is my favorite. Well done.
Bob

Date: 09/10/19 13:28
Author: 5511_

Happy birthday to both, and great photos. Hard to believe that even these modern steamers are starting to reach this age.

Date: 09/10/19 14:11
Author: Goalieman

Thanks for posting these great pics. Happy Birthday!

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0297 seconds