Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Steam & Excursion > Thanks for the 4014 Memories

Date: 09/11/19 16:44
Thanks for the 4014 Memories
Author: WrongMain

I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the great photos of UP's Big Boy, the 4014, as it traveled through my neck of the woods, the Midwestern states.  I was thinking of all that goes into such an endeavour and would like to thank everyone involved in this project, from those who had the foresight to preserve the 4014, the people who planned this great event, those who spent long tiring hours working on the restoration, the operating crew, and the people who have kept everything and everyone safe.  It's remarkable that there hasn't been any serious incidents, considering the masses who turned out for this special.  I know that some people have lost all common sense chasing the 4014, including some you might see in the following photos.  I also know that some fans  believe that the Big Boy shouldn't have come out to our territory, that it wasn't "prototype" for a Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 steam engine to visit Illinois, Wisconsin, or Minnesota.  But you can tell that those people were in the minority, just by the huge crowds that were eager to see the 4014.  I managed to catch the steamer in three locations in Wisconsin and will show five shots of it.  The first two are in South Beaver Dam, where entire families came out on a weekend morning to see the 4014 fly through the small farming community.  The last three are from it's departure from Butler Yard on an overcast Friday morning.

Date: 09/11/19 16:46
Re: Thanks for the 4014 Memories
Author: WrongMain

Here's the dramatic departure from Butler Yard as the 4014 works it way past its adoring public.  We were bathed in steam, smoke, and yes, foam.  

Date: 09/11/19 19:18
Author: Bob3985

Nice photos. The engine crew is Ed and Ted.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/11/19 19:52
Author: BobP

# 1 is priceless............................

Date: 09/12/19 05:07
Author: jkh2cpu

Nice shots!

John.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0534 seconds