Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4014 Teaser...

Date: 09/16/19 20:02
4014 Teaser...
Author: GRNDMND

If you're contemplating on shooting 4014 in Cajon next month, on one or more of the three trips, here's what you might be lucky enough to frame up. The scene has changed a bit in 19 years however and you can bet on a whole lot more foamers trackside and on the roads to contend with.

UP 3985 west to Los Angeles on 7/28/2000 for the 2000 DNC Convention rounding the corner at Cozy Dell. Thanks for looking back!

KC - Happy Hunting!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/19 20:04 by GRNDMND.

Date: 09/16/19 20:49
Re: 4014 Teaser...
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Chased that great locomotive from Hermosa to Hanna, WY.

Don Allender

Date: 09/17/19 06:02
Author: Bob3985

I remember that trip very well. It was an interesting group of people that came by LAUPT while we were on display there for the convention delegates.
Nice photo, thanks for sharing. I believe that was my late friend Lynn firing in that scene.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 09/17/19 13:22
Author: GRNDMND

Bob3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember that trip very well. It was an
> interesting group of people that came by LAUPT
> while we were on display there for the convention
> delegates.
> Nice photo, thanks for sharing. I believe that was
> my late friend Lynn firing in that scene.

Your welcome Bob! It does look like Lynn up there in the left-hand seat. 

KC

Date: 09/17/19 21:16
Author: Fredo

I was your conductor on that train Bob. I believe the date was August 3,2000. We went up to Barstow the afternoon before in a Renzenberger Van and after walking into the lobby of the Hoilday Inn I was met by Steve Lee and the first word out of his mouth was "Do you know Fred C Perry?"I replied" Yes I Do" Then it started one story after another.Every one I met from the Steam Crew asked me the same questions even thier wives. The following morning after a great night of listening to the BNSF retarders in the hump yard behind the hotel I walked into the lobby and this nice wife of someone was manning a table of coffee and treats handed me a Danish and asked me," Do you Know Fred C Perry?. Again I answered that I did ,and got anothr story that I had not heard yet. That was fun trip.As we were approaching Keenbrook I told Steve about the nudist colony and that a UP conductor lived there and he had his personal Whistle sequencce to get them to  roll him by. Steve said what is it? I said one long and three "mediums'. He said have at it and handed me the whistle cord and we got a proper roll by. It has been a long time since I went by there but that whistle sequence worked for us UP guys all the time, even at night. One guy in a trailer home would turn his porch light on and off. He got into it so much that he added two big lights and he would answer us with his trailer home dicth lights. All you Cajon Sub railroaders out ther try it and see if it still works and report back.

Date: 09/21/19 21:04
Author: ProAmtrak

Saw 3985 in LA that year and yeah, Bob had a few interesting people visit, me included and the thing I'm never gonna forget is Bob making me feel at home when I entered the souvenir car!

Date: 09/24/19 01:16
Author: SSW41

Hey Fred, that looks like your big forehead behind Clyde. I was on that side from Yermo to Summit but I switched seats from Summit to San Bernardino.

Date: 10/02/19 21:30
Author: Fredo

Ya Mike, the back is starting to match the front now.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds