Home Open Account Help 156 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4014 in Salt Lake City

Date: 10/01/19 16:05
4014 in Salt Lake City
Author: Searchlight

UP 4014 passed through Salt Lake City, UT today (10/1/19) en route to Provo, UT. I left work a little early, grabbed my son from home and made it just in time to see it arrive.

1) & 2) After stopping at North Yard 4014 was back on the move passing through Grant Tower in downtown Salt Lake City. My son got a big wave from the crew and thumbs up from Ed. Living up to Utah's "crossroads of the west" nickname, the tail end of the train has just left the Salt Lake Subdivision and is on the Lynndyl Subdivision while 4014 has just entered the switch to the Provo Subdivision (former D&RGW) for the 45 mile trip to Provo.

3) This shot was before the first two and is the train arriving at North Yard in Salt Lake City. There was quite a crowd to greet the train. 

Many thanks to Union Pacific and the steam crew for bringing 4014 through Salt Lake City.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/19 16:17 by Searchlight.

Date: 10/01/19 18:21
Re: 4014 in Salt Lake City
Author: atsf121

Great photos, it wasn't quite as busy where we were, but still people out and about watching the train.

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0291 seconds