Home Open Account Help 213 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4014's visit to North Little Rock, Ark.

Date: 10/04/19 17:00
4014's visit to North Little Rock, Ark.
Author: apollo17

According to the schedule, 4014 will be on display in North Little Rock, Ark. from 9a to 3p. This is as close to where I live as 4014 will ever get and I live in Columbu, Ga.. about 7 to 8 hours away. It says it will be located at 1000 West 4th St. if I remember correctly. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to park to see it? From what I can tell it looks like the tracks don't go anywehere cloes to the listed address. I'd appreciate any pointers or help from anyone that lives there since I've never been there before. Thanks again. 

Date: 10/04/19 18:35
Re: 4014's visit to North Little Rock, Ark.
Author: johnambrose

You’re in luck. I drive by this location on my commute to work. It’s basically on the east side of the Jenks shops.
There is an old Mopac office building at this location that has a semi large parking lot. UP still uses the building I think but there are never many vehicles parked there.
This is the area where 844 and 3985 have parked in the past.
If you’re good with viewing a satellite map of the city, first find the Amtrak Little Rock station (old union station). From the station the tracks immediately curve north and cross the Arkansas River. Here the 2 mains begin multiplying as this is the start of the big NLR yard complex.
Just north of the river bridge Jenks Shops is on the left (west) side and the area where 4014 will use is on the east side.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/04/19 18:38
Author: johnambrose

I might add that if you drive around to the west side of Jenks there is a DD40X on static display for the public to view.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/04/19 18:48
Author: apollo17

Thanks for the info. At least now I have a good idea of where to go. There's a hotel not far from there. I'll have to go back and check what the name is, but it's nice all I'll need it for is one night. I plan to stick around for an hour or two on Nov.13th, get several shots of 4014, meet and greet and then head out. It'll be a long haul back to Columbus, Ga. and by the time I get back home it'll be dark.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0311 seconds