Home Open Account Help 264 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4014 in southern Utah/Nevada???

Date: 10/06/19 13:14
4014 in southern Utah/Nevada???
Author: jbwest

I'm hoping to see more pix from the trek south from Provo. A chase based out of probably Milford was a possibility for me, but after looking at Google Satellite views of the area I decided on Evanston and the tried and true original territory for the Big Boys. A bunch of my pix from my chase (UP4014 Green River to Morgan) were posted earlier,  but am curious as to what I missed by not contining south. Unfortunately family duties did not allow me to do both segments.  Thanks to dklaRR for his posts, and hopefully there will be more from farther south.

JBWX 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/19 13:23 by jbwest.

Date: 10/06/19 13:29
Re: 4014 in southern Utah/Nevada???
Author: callum_out

Yah, I'm curious as to the "mob", or not, between Vegas and Cima, time to bring the railfan filter.

Out

Date: 10/06/19 13:46
Author: jbwest

callum_out Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yah, I'm curious as to the "mob", or not, between
> Vegas and Cima, time to bring the railfan filter.
>
> Out

I figured if I did go south it would be no farther than Caliente, for that reason.  On the other hand, as I learned chasing doubleheader east from Ogden on Mother's Day, it was kind of neat to see so many normal people with the kids out to see the "BIG BOY".  Great exposure for the UP and for our hobby.  So while the LA visit may be a mob scene, hopefully the folks in Omaha will appreciate the attention.  As John Bromley observed, steam is the nuclear weapon of railroad PR.

JBWX 

Date: 10/06/19 14:24
Author: E25

I had hoped to get out to do some photography in Rainbow Canyon / Meadow Valley Wash and Afton Canyon, but unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time.

Your work in Utah was inspiring.

Greg Stadter
Phoenix, AZ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds