Home Open Account Help 327 users online

Steam & Excursion > Golden Hour Shot of the Big Boy

Date: 11/17/19 15:32
Golden Hour Shot of the Big Boy
Author: MSE

This is the Big Boy passing the east end of Kenneth (Coffeyville Sub) a/k/a Martin City, MO. It was slightly delayed as a freight had to take the siding just before the Big Boy's arrival. 

Other than one ill granddaughter, my family got to experience the train and it exceeded their expectations. Nothing like making family memories!

Big Boy met a UPRR westbround freight. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/19 15:46 by MSE.

Date: 11/17/19 15:34
Re: Golden Hour Shot of the Big Boy
Author: MaryMcPherson

That's what I'm talking about!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 11/17/19 15:44
Author: LarryDoyle

MaryMcPherson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's what I'm talking about!

Amen!

-LD

Date: 11/17/19 17:39
Author: PlyWoody

This the part of being the good neighbor to the territory you serve.  The Norfolk & Western Ry used to bring all that kind of joy to the land it used to serve. Just look at O.Winston Link's photos.  Now it is just unbelievable to trash all that PR just for the OR or what ever the Wall Street wants.  I never thought NS management would make that turn. They might be able to  fix it with some 611 passenger carrying runs, such as HBG to Cresson and return, Ashville Line, Bluefield, where ever. 

Being able to run steam is the proof you have the rest of the system in good order and can afford a little for the Good Will of PR.  Credit to UP.  I'll cash out of NS and put it all in UP as I'm a investor. My first stock ownership was Northern Central, N&W, and Clinchfield.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds