Home Open Account Help 367 users online

Steam & Excursion > A nice cool morning start and the pink lady

Date: 11/19/19 17:13
A nice cool morning start and the pink lady
Author: MP4093

Over the years UP has moved their steam trains from the southern part of the system back North they have used the same route and routine, leaving Van Buren, Arkansas in the morning and traveling to Coffeyville, KS through northeastern Oklahoma. The light does not favor this route and I have learned where the few places are to capture the moves. This move was different than most which are just made to position equipment, there are usually no stops except service and I find myself almost alone most of the time able to photograph anywhere suited. This time it was news and publicized and it seemed that everyone knew about it. At remote rural crossings I would ask the locals how they heard about it and in addition to the local news I found many had found out through social media. I drove to my favorite early morning spot in Roland, Oklahoma and set up. The locals were gathering and over the days I had noted some constants at every location I visited. There was always a red pickup truck somewhere near the tracks, and a lady in pink would always be standing out in front of everyone taking pictures with her cell phone like she was the only one there. I managed to do OK through the trip cropping the trucks and the pink lady's but I want to include one of her here as part of the scene that this event created. I could never have believed that a UP Big Boy would pass through Oklahoma, but I saw it myself along with thousands of other Okie's and it was very impressive. I give you UP 4014 West at Roland, OK 11/16/2019.

Date: 11/19/19 18:35
Re: A nice cool morning start and the pink lady
Author: Santafes95

Great shots. Number one is a work of art. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds