Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Steam & Excursion > Reacquainted

Date: 12/04/19 10:10
Reacquainted
Author: MacBeau

Aesthetically, this locomotive (like all steam engines) speaks for itself far better in motion than on static display. (I’m pretty sure Roy Rogers said the same thing about his horse.) It is shown here back in October about to exit the LA&SL at Daggett. To any and all who had a hand in the reanimation of this engine, my compliments and thanks, for I never thought I’d live to photograph a Big Boy under steam so close to home.
Be of good cheer,
—Mac

Date: 12/04/19 10:17
Re: Reacquainted
Author: refarkas

Black and white beauty.
Bob

Date: 12/04/19 10:19
Author: meixel

The black and white does a lot to removing the distraction of the yellow water tender.

John Meixel
Longmont, CO

Date: 12/04/19 10:23
Author: superfleet

Those tenders, being former steam loco tenders, need to be painted black and lettered/numbered accordingly.  I know we want to promote the big yellow and gray corporation, but in this case I wish they would make the tenders more prototypic....

Happy that they are still around, just a suggestion.

Dan

Date: 12/04/19 12:05
Author: espee4ever

WOW, nice composition and lighting. That's a rather large locomotive to fit into a wide-angle lens and not have it look warped at the edges. Thank you for sharing this one, and welcome back!
Michael

Date: 12/04/19 21:35
Author: wpjones

They do carry the numbers of the last 800's they were behind. And the reason I was told that they are yellow by Mr. Lee was they are part of the train not part of the engine.
FWIW.
Steve

superfleet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Those tenders, being former steam loco tenders,
> need to be painted black and lettered/numbered
> accordingly.  I know we want to promote the big
> yellow and gray corporation, but in this case I
> wish they would make the tenders more
> prototypic....
>
> Happy that they are still around, just a
> suggestion.
>
> Dan

Date: 12/05/19 00:16
Author: Evan_Werkema

Welcome back, Mac!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds