Home Open Account Help 219 users online

Steam & Excursion > Looking for Al Chione slide cheat sheet for Midland Terminal set

Date: 01/05/20 20:56
Looking for Al Chione slide cheat sheet for Midland Terminal set
Author: superfleet

I didn't know where else to ask, I have a 40+ slide set of the last days of the Midland Terminal Railroad that ran between Colorado Springs and Cripple Creek/Victor by way of Divide Colorado; I have the slides but not the guide sheet that identified where/when for each slide, as I understand it Al
s slide sets originally came with the directory that identified the slides....  Anyone know where I might get a copy of the guide for thse slides?  

They are great slides and a great documentary on the last days of this road that started out as the Colorado MIdland, would love to know more about them....

thanks,

Dan

Date: 01/05/20 21:56
Re: Looking for Al Chione slide cheat sheet for Midland Terminal
Author: Harlock

I have a few Al Chione pictures...are there surviving index sets out there?

Mike Massee
Tehachapi, CA
Photography, Railroading and more..

Date: 01/05/20 22:09
Author: wabash2800

I think I recall him being a member here but don't recall how long it's been since he last posted.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 01/06/20 08:19
Author: callum_out

I believe he still is a member of the Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum (ngdiscussion.net ) you might check
there.

Out 

Date: 01/06/20 08:31
Author: dan

He maybe tied up court being a prosecution witness of the 419 fire

Date: 01/06/20 08:52
Author: ajax247

Post 'em up!

Date: 01/06/20 19:01
Author: superfleet

It is a set of Ektachromes, I think it may be set 35 as they are numbered 35-10, 35-11, 35-12, etc.  Many times you can see three locomotives involved in the struggle to get the ore over to Colorado Springs from Victor and Cripple Creek.  Must've been a grueling grade and many of the locos have gigantic air tanks on them....

Dan

Date: 01/08/20 12:03
Author: Hermosa45

Hi Dan--

The slides you inquired about were taken by Lakewood, CO resident Irv August, and they are good ones. Send me a PM with your address and I will try and find the poop sheet. As I recall, they were run about forty years ago, so I will not promise anything. 

Al Chione       <Hermosa45>

Date: 11/02/22 17:28
Author: MHLloydDavies

I recently purchased Al Chione Set WR-6 Midland Terminal Power and Trains, Structures, and Equipment on eBay, and the slides came with the description (the "cheat sheet"). One attached image file is a scan of the description as received, and the other two attached image files are my rewrite of the description for better information, organization, and legibility. For some reason, I can attach neither an Adobe PDF file nor a Microsoft Word file here; this might be a feature and not a bug. I just joined the site. 

The reply to this message is long overdue, but I'm hopeful someone can find it and use it. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds