Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Steam & Excursion > WAG Steam alert!

Date: 01/08/20 11:34
WAG Steam alert!
Author: santafe199

It's a double-up occasion as the regular WAG Wednesday is about Santa Fe steam in Amarillo. But Uncle Pete gets a bit of representation as well in the latest "WAG running extra. 2 super-heated, water boiler threads are awaiting your perusal over on the Nostalgia forum...

Lance/199

Date: 01/09/20 06:17
Re: WAG Steam alert!
Author: PlyWoody

The Wellsville, Addison, & Galeton RR has the copy right of those initials, and that was a famous railroad in Pennsylvania. Folks in the East are being troubled by what you are talking about without including your location.

Date: 01/09/20 07:21
Author: HotWater

PlyWoody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Wellsville, Addison, & Galeton RR has the
> copy right of those initials, and that was a
> famous railroad in Pennsylvania.

Maybe it WAS "famous, but it ceased operations in early 1979 and was abandoned.

Folks in the East
> are being troubled by what you are talking about
> without including your location.

Guess you missed the description, above,  about being Amarillo, Texas?

Date: 01/10/20 03:53
Author: PlyWoody

HotWater Wrote:
> "Guess you missed the description, above,"  there is here and never in prior WAG alerts, any state location.

Date: 01/10/20 06:13
Author: wag216

Pay attention for "the rest of the story".  You must have some sprinting on you. LOL wag216

Date: 01/10/20 13:02
Author: HotWater

PlyWoody Wrote:
> HotWater Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Guess you missed the description, above,"
>  there is here and never in prior WAG alerts, any
> state location.

What about "WAG Wednesday is about Santa Fe steam in Amarillo." is confusing to you? How many locations in the United States named "Amarillo" would have "Santa Fe steam"?

Just my opinion but, I would think that just a wee bit of common sense would be involved concerning ANY of the "WAG alerts" posted on TO, especially since the abandoned railroad you referred to is LONG GONE!

Date: 01/10/20 13:43
Author: rrman6

In Western Kansas and raised on the Rock Island's Golden State Line when the Wellsville, Addison, & Galeton RR was active, I recall seeing their wood single-sheathed boxcars.  Today with this PA rail line gone to history, just as the Rock Island, the current "WAG" term is referencing the personal initials of a longtime railfan, aka, father/son w/ same name.

Date: 01/10/20 13:59
Author: KCRW287

When WAG is used i don't know if I am going to get some photos by one of the WAG feller's, or of the famous shortline or a movie like "Wag the dog". Not real confusing if a person can read and comprehend what is printed. KCRW287

Date: 01/10/20 15:03
Author: santafe199

PlyWoody Wrote: . ...  Wellsville, Addison, & Galeton RR has the copy right of ...

Tell ya what: Since this so-called copyright infringement has you completely out of your sand box, you go hire a lawyer and file suit on one William Arthur Gibson Jr. And be sure to sue the living shit out of him for daring to live his life with the initials "WAG". Then you come to Topeka and dig up his father William Arthur Gibson Sr (dec. 1983) and rip him a new a$$hole for daring to live his life an entire generation earlier with the same "WAG" initials. I'm totally shocked at the utter nerve of these 2 great railfans committing such grievous crimes as they apparently have. While you're at it you WILL post the names of ALL of you easterners who are so horribly put upon because these 2 great railfans have lived entire lives with the "WAG" initials. And I mean NAMES and NOT screen name/troll IDs of your easterners who have been so traumatized. If you can't post real names, first & last, then I guess we all know what you're made of... 

I've spent enough time on trolls like you, so if you don't mind I'll get back to being a railfan...

Lance Garrels
Manhattan, KS 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/20 15:05 by santafe199.

Date: 01/10/20 18:34
Author: DonWinslow

Hey Lance, looks like the photo police are following you around. Does this mean that we can't use somebody initials now? 

Don Winslow
Glendora, CA
http://www.donwinslow.net/Railroads

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0671 seconds