Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Steam & Excursion > ATSF 2926 in the ABQJournal today

Date: 01/14/20 17:54
ATSF 2926 in the ABQJournal today
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Date: 01/14/20 17:57
Re: ATSF 2926 in the ABQJournal today
Author: exprail

Where will it run, once it gets out of the repair area? Whose coaches are lined up to be used? How is itrip insurance handled?

I am sure all these questions have already been answered and a plan is afoot.

exprail

Date: 01/15/20 06:44
Author: Spikes

Is there a turning Wye or Y outside of Albuquerque for a test run? Santa Fe NM had one long ago perhaps.

Date: 01/15/20 07:41
Author: Spikes

Date: 01/15/20 11:55
Author: Cumbresfan

Spikes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there a turning Wye or Y outside of Albuquerque
> for a test run? Santa Fe NM had one long ago
> perhaps.

Wye just south of downtown ABQ and one at French on the Raton Sub that are in service.
Steep, sharp and out of service one at Lamy. Removed wyes at Las Vegas and Santa Fe.

About the Santa Fe wye from my thread last week:
Date: 01/10/20 20:11
Re: ATSF 2926, 2019 End of Year Update
callum_out Wrote:
> There's a wye at Santa Fe that could be
> reinstalled, run it up and back.
> Out 

Reinstalled is not the word. It would have to be completely rebuilt with new cut and fill dirtwork. Also, some of the land may now be in private hands causing further issues.
Here is its location if you want to check it out:
35.657053° N
105.965204° W

Date: 01/15/20 12:06
Author: DRGWMark

There are also wyes at Belen and La Junta, but I don't think BNSF and/or Amtrak would allow 2926 to run either place at the moment... Something to keep in mind if they relax their policies maybe.

Date: 01/15/20 12:13

Actually yesterdays (1/14) static steamup was the fourth one. The others were August 2018, and July and October 2019. Each one found issues that needed to be addressed, mainly some more value replacement and inadequately re-manufactured safety values. Numerous other minor problems needed to be corrected and this steamup is the final to check out both the engine and volunteer manpower steam safety procedures. The pistons are scheduled to be reinstalled this spring and then motive power testing on our spur will be conducted. Offsite testing on the Sawmill spur requires completion of negotiations with Rio Metro, the local transit agency and the line owner, NMDOT. I don't know progress specifics with either.

Date: 01/15/20 12:21

DRGWMark Wrote:
> There are also wyes at Belen and La Junta, but I
> don't think BNSF and/or Amtrak would allow 2926 to
> run either place at the moment... Something to
> keep in mind if they relax their policies maybe.

Yes there are; I didn't mention them as their proposed use isn't in the immediate future for the reasons you mention. The only two available now (and only if the other issues are solved [e.g. use agreement, insurance, protection power, etc.]) are ABQ and French.

News articles and TV stories are necessary to inform both the public and city and state officials that this great restoration is nearing completion and looking for some places to go to show off. Unlike the LA/southern California area, in the ABQ to Raton area we have the wide open spaces with little rail traffic and getting the go-ahead to use it shouldn't be insurmountable.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/20 12:26 by Cumbresfan.

Date: 01/15/20 13:37
Author: Check_A1E_Perf

Its been great watching and contributing to this for the last seversl years. I'm more excited about 2926 than 4014! You bet I'll ride and continue to give.

Rob

Date: 01/15/20 14:58
Author: callum_out

Yo RailRunner guys, got some new power for the 5PM out of Belen!!

Out

Date: 01/16/20 11:59
Author: original

Sure glad they had "navigators" available - I guess pilot engineers were at beans !

Date: 01/18/20 18:29
Author: ProAmtrak

I'm gonna hopefully ccx see her in action once an announcement is made, be more worth seeing than 4014!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds