Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Steam & Excursion > SP&S 700 receives a grant

Date: 08/10/20 08:14
SP&S 700 receives a grant
Author: Spoony81

Rail Heritage Trust Awards $35,000 Grant to SP&S 700. They hope to have 700 under steam in 2021

http://railfan.com/rail-heritage-trust-awards-35000-grant-to-sps-700/?fbclid=IwAR3RPscILllb1ICUUwPOmIiHQmkGvxx7br8AINOVdfMu29GcjnCtKllbSqc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/20 08:14 by Spoony81.

Date: 08/10/20 09:35
Re: SP&S 700 receives a grant
Author: LoggerHogger

That's good news for our friends one track over.

Martin

Date: 08/10/20 09:36
Author: asheldrake

thanks for your posting!!   and CONGRATULATIONS TO PRPA !  Justin does good articles.     Arlen

Date: 08/11/20 15:18
Author: goduckies

Great Jim 700 must be ready to take her out again i bet! Hopefully one day she can stretch her legs on the main line!

Posted from Android

Date: 08/12/20 16:46
Author: Jim700

goduckies Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great Jim 700 must be ready to take her out again i bet!
> Hopefully one day she can stretch her legs on the main line!

Jim700 was the one at the throttle putting her into the barn for the 1,472-day inspection and he sure wishes that Greg Kamholz was still with us to take her out after the years-long inspection and repair!

I'm so glad that George Landrock decided years ago to come aboard.  Back in the '90s he was my second engineer (fireman to you old guys) on Amtrak #28/27 for a long time and we had a great time working together honing each others skills.  We had every controlled signal on the PDX-SPK run timed to the nearest ten seconds (I've still got the time sheets somewhere in boxes of papers) and neither of us wanted to be the one being outside our self-imposed goal.  Yes, in those days we did have a great many trips without any freight train interference messing up our goal.

It was in the late '90s, after the Empire Builder went lonesome cab, that I talked him into coming on a Hillsboro 700 trip with me.  I knew his skill and the pride he takes in his work and, since Greg and I weren't gettin' any younger, we needed some younger blood on the crew.  Thankfully, he took my bait.

If you happen to be visiting the Oregon Coast a week from today, you'll find George running on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad.

Date: 08/12/20 19:50
Author: ProAmtrak

Looks like I gotta put 700 on my steam list!

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds