Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Steam & Excursion > Pacific Northwest Live Steamers property at Shady Dell in danger

Date: 09/09/20 00:37
Pacific Northwest Live Steamers property at Shady Dell in danger
Author: Jim700

I noticed several hours ago on the Clackamas County, Oregon Government website that the Pacific Northwest Live Steamers Shady Dell miniature railroad property just southeast of Molalla ( https://pnls.org/ ) is now inside the Level 3: GO! Evacuate now! fire zone.  The Level 3 boundary has been expanding northward during the day and is now just over three miles south of my farm so I'm going out to hook up my travel trailer to my car and start loading essentials and memory treasures to allow my leaving as soon as the Level 3 announcement is made for this area if that becomes necessary.

I'm so grateful that the zone boundary is now advancing directly from the south across mostly pasture land and low-to-the-ground crops instead of from the southeast from the RGS Lumber Products cold deck log fire at Liberal which would have put the path into many acres of ready-to-harvest corn, the western boundary of which is only about 300' east of my loft barn.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/20 03:46 by Jim700.

Date: 09/09/20 02:32
Re: Pacific Northwest Live Steamers property at Shady Dell in dan
Author: E25

So sorry, Jim.

You wll be in our thoughts.  Your personal safety is the most important thing.

Greg Stadter
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 09/09/20 03:53
Author: Jim700

Thank you, Greg.  It's now almost 4 AM and I'm just getting ready to drive south to check it out before going to bed.  Thankfully, even though we've had considerable ash fall this evening, the wind is now reduced to almost a dead calm which bodes well, I think.

Date: 09/09/20 18:27
Author: ln844south

Jim,

Thoughts and prayers for you and your neighbors.
    We are dealing with the Two Four Two fire here in Chiloquin, Over 10000 acres and only 5% contained, I live on the east side of the former Espee Mainline and sat on our front porch and watched. Winds blew it away from us.
   Train Mountain was mostly spared loosing track on the extreme north end. Collier Logging Museum had minimum damage.
   These fires are sudden with the ones around Medford just springing up. Sure hope there is an explanation other than arson.

Steve Panzik
Chiloquin, OR

Date: 09/09/20 21:00
Author: ProAmtrak

This is sad to hear, what ignited these blazes, an idiot or lightning!

Posted from Android

Date: 09/09/20 22:02
Author: asheldrake

fires for the same reason Denver got snow........

Date: 09/10/20 16:50
Author: atsf121

Good luck Jim. My parents had to evacuate last month for one of the California fires, but it missed them so hopefully you will be as lucky.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0526 seconds