Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Steam & Excursion > Kick The Tires Before They Are Gone... Part 2

Date: 01/10/21 12:38
Kick The Tires Before They Are Gone... Part 2
Author: MaryMcPherson

Modern steam power of the Spokane, Portland & Seattle rests in the dead lines, but one will go on to be reborn.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 01/10/21 12:39
Re: Kick The Tires Before They Are Gone... Part 2

Someone already got the bell.

Perhaps someone here will recognize the location.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/21 12:40 by MaryMcPherson.

Date: 01/10/21 13:01
Author: OSWishram

These photographs of Spokane, Portland and Seattle Railway locomotives were taken in Vancouver, Washington.

Date: 01/10/21 13:05

OSWishram Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These photographs of Spokane, Portland and Seattle
> Railway locomotives were taken in Vancouver,
> Washington.

Thank you!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Date: 01/15/21 14:13
Author: grizzledgary

Though we live in the Midwest I really favor the Northwest and its railroads. I feel very fortunate to have been able to schedule vacation time that allowed us to ride behind SP&S #700 on two occasions before we reached what now seems to be the end of mainline steam excursions in this country. Thank you very much for sharing these images.

Date: 01/17/21 06:21
Author: Erierail

I think the Reading and Blue Mountain will continue the tradition of mainline steam excursions. I doubt if the UP is finished with its steam program.
The 1309 will do its thing. She won't be fast,built to drag heavy coal trains thur the mountains of West Virginia, but home again in the territory it operated in.

NS might not own the 611, but will partner up and provide mainline access. I think the CSX will do the same thing. It's much easier route to go explain and justifying expenses to its share holders.

The EBT is reactivating it's mainline, probably the biggest and most unexpected steam news of this century. ( I know the 4014 is up thier as well.)

Steam is making a come back. Big , bigger and biggest, along with small steamers will be wheeling trains all across this United States of America.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds