Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Steam & Excursion > Documentary or Article on Wasatch RR Contractors

Date: 09/14/21 09:44
Documentary or Article on Wasatch RR Contractors
Author: CaliforniaSteamin

Does anyone know who is behind or responsible for publishing the upcoming documentary or article on Wasatch contractors and the issues they had with two steam programs in Texas and somewhere east?  There was a post here somewhere but I cannot locate it or it was deleted.  
-CSN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/21 09:44 by CaliforniaSteamin.

Date: 09/14/21 17:17
Re: Documentary or Article on Wasatch RR Contractors
Author: co614

It's my understanding that they are the subject of a number of lawsuits including an outfit in Kentucky trying to collect on a $760,000 judgement. I have not seen the article you reference although I'm sure it would be of interest if you can locate it. 

Ross Rowland 

Date: 09/15/21 03:20
Author: boilerkiller

Date: 09/15/21 05:26
Author: howeld

Date: 09/15/21 05:42

I can't locate the post.  It essentially said they were conducting a legal review because of Wasatch's reputation to be legal attack dogs.  That has probably caused many people with knowledge not to post information.  Apparently a guy named John had funding from friends/family in a church or something.  It may have been taken down.  My question is, if his lawyer was so good, why did they not file bankruptcy correctly?  It shows the filing is incorect/incomplete. 

Also, it is rumored ex UP steam crew worked on those items in the evaluation form.  If that is the case, could Ed Dickens have a point that some equipment was not maintained properly?  Just playing devil's advocate here because I am no fan of the man but if the same crew went on to cause issues on other projects could Ed have a point?

Also, there is apparently two outfits suing over shoddy work, one in Texas and one in Kentucky.

-CSN

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/21 06:02 by CaliforniaSteamin.

Date: 09/15/21 08:02

The Ky. outfit won a $ 760,000 judgement against Wasatch Railroad Contractors for shoddy work done on their steam locomotive. They are in the process of trying to collect on that judgement. I do not know about the Texas case.

My WAG is that now that WRRC has filed for bankruptcy the unsecured creditors will be lucky to get a few pennies on the dollars owed them???

Sad but true, Ross Rowland 

Date: 09/15/21 11:49
Author: P

Who is this 'Kentucky outfit'?

Posted from Android

Date: 09/15/21 12:20

The Kentucky outfit is the Heritage Foundation,Inc. They filed a lawsuit against Wasatch RailRoad Contractors for inferior work done on their steam locomotive K&T 14. They won the lawsuit and a judgement against Wasatch for $ 760,000.00  They are now trying to collect that judgement. Obviously their claim will now get thrown into the pot with everyone else owed money by Wasatch and eventually the bankruptcy court will do its best to sort things out.

If you want more details Google Wasatch Railroad Contractors/lawsuit and you can read all the particulars.

Ross Rowland 

Date: 09/16/21 18:55

CaliforniaSteamin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't locate the post.  It essentially said
> they were conducting a legal review because of
> Wasatch's reputation to be legal attack dogs. 
> That has probably caused many people with
> knowledge not to post information.  .........
> -CSN

Don't know who is reviewing JER's propensity to threaten legal action.  However, I have a couple of dozen "love notes" from JER suggesting I perform various unmentionable acts.....  sent via several forum's various "private message" options after publicly questioning some of his published methodology.  JER is under the erroneous legal perception that "pms" are "constitutionally protected" speech and may not be reproduced or transmitted, etc., etc....  I also have about a dozen similar notes of affection forwarded to me by other recipients.
Attached is an example of a JER "love note" that was sent to me unsolicited by a third party from another forum.  I have redacted any identifying information other than JER's own words.  This should pass muster of a forum policy review.  However I fully expect TO to be threatened with LEGAL ACTION if his PROTECTED SPEECH is not removed.
The "dual persona" of JER is truly evident in his public pronouncements vs. his private messages.

Date: 09/17/21 07:09

Mr. Rimmasch is well known to have a very short fuse when it comes to anyone raising anything negative about he or his company Wasatch Railroad Contractors. He has warned numerous critics to erase their comments or risk him suing them.  

Now that some of his less than stellar work is very much out there for public view ( especially the long report on the inferior work WRRC did on the K&T 14 locomotive) his threats have become hollow for sure. 

The really scary part for everyone in the steam tourism business is that the kind of dangerous corner cutting as documented in the K&T inspection report submitted into evidence during the Heritage Foundation v Wasatch Railroad Contractors lawsuit, had it not been discovered before the engine returned to service, could well have caused a catastrophic boiler failure that could spell the end of the industry. 

If there's a silver lining to this whole sad story let's hope that it will serve as a stark warning to folks contemplating restoring an historic piece of railroad equipment to COMPLETELY VET the candidate contractors being considered to do the work. 

Ross Rowland 

Date: 09/17/21 15:05

Wow, what a bluff.  I have worked within the legal space all my adult life, never would this pass muster for most decent lawyers to even generate a Cease and desist letter let alone any actual litigation occuring.

Date: 09/20/21 18:23

co614 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mr. Rimmasch is well known to have a very short
> fuse when it comes to anyone raising anything
> negative about he or his company Wasatch Railroad
> Contractors. He has warned numerous critics to
> erase their comments or risk him suing them.  
> ................
>    If there's a silver lining to this whole sad
> story let's hope that it will serve as a stark
> warning to folks contemplating restoring an
> historic piece of railroad equipment to COMPLETELY
> VET
the candidate contractors being considered to
> do the work. 
>
>     Ross Rowland 

Now the conundrum:
How do you "Completely Vet" a "bad actor" that threatens to "sue your a$$" if you mention anything contrary to praise and adulation for his work?

Date: 09/21/21 06:54

Completely vetting means you do your due diligence and check them out with various industry sources and ask for permission to speak with past clients. If permission is refused that's enoughto disqualify alone.

In the case of WRRC there's plenty known throughout the industry and now with the Chap.11 filing much of it is now very much in public view.

Ross Rowland

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.066 seconds