Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Steam & Excursion > OHCR 6325

Date: 06/23/22 17:58
OHCR 6325
Author: refarkas

Here are three redos of one of my favorite steam locomotives. Ohio Central 6325 ran an excursion for the Akron Railroad Club on October 13, 2001.
1.) Backing up to Sugarcreek, Ohio to pick up the train - Location unknown.
2.) Having passed me, I took this going away photo at the same unknown location.
3.) I am in Pearl, Ohio where OHCR 6325 is on the point of a runby for photographers.
Bob

Date: 06/23/22 18:55
Re: OHCR 6325
Author: steamfan759

Bob -  It was great while it lasted.  I worked as a volunteer on a couple of the David Goodheart photo charters.  We had a blast and it was all over too soon!!

Ron

Date: 06/23/22 19:45
Author: train671

David Goodheart and Jerry Jacobsen allowed for some great photo charters on the Ohio Central.  I had the pleasure
to attend several of the Photo Charters that David Goodheart put on and they were all very enjoyable.  David made
a video of Jerry Jacobsen's background and it was available for sale.  I really was over way too soon......

Date: 06/24/22 05:59
Author: Frisco1522

David and Jerry were definitely two of the good guys!  I miss Dave and his cigar and sense of humor.

Date: 06/24/22 07:10
Author: redberan4449

Like many of you, I enjoyed the David Goodheart photo charters.  This group of photos captures a few 2003 scenes on the Ohio Central Railroad.
Ron

Date: 06/24/22 08:04
Author: train1275

So what happened that sidelined the locmotive ?

Date: 06/24/22 08:30
Author: HotWater

train1275 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So what happened that sidelined the locmotive ?

Plain bearing issue on the main driver axle. Plus, the late Mr. Jacobson sold his Ohio Central Railroad.

Date: 06/24/22 10:41
Author: refarkas

Super photos, Ron.
Bob

Date: 06/24/22 13:42
Author: gregscholl

I was on the Saturday of that weekend.  Stayed for a few shots on Sunday morning and headed home.  I won a cab ride (Raffled off tickets) and took the first one after lunch.  On the video as we are backing up after the runby they talk on the radio about swapping cab riders, and Goodheart is heard saying "Get that Greg Scholl out of there", and the crew chuckled.  Jerry was on the ground, and after the runby he is heard saying "B+", as he was rating the runby-Scott was running.  Yes I miss OC as well.
  Here is the link to the video we did on that 2003 charter. Can someone tell me if this is in fact the same PRR whistle that is now on 1309???
Greg Scholl
https://www.gregschollvideo.com/steam-dvds.html#sd7

Date: 06/24/22 14:03
Author: TheNavigator

Nice group of a fine looking locomotive.
GK

Date: 06/24/22 18:31
Author: steamfan759

The whistle in the middle photo of 6325 at Sugarcreek is a PRR T-1 whistle owned by Jason Johnson.  That should be the same whistle that has recently been used on C&O 1309.  That is a great set of photos that Ron shared with us.  One of the runby's was in front of the trainmaster's house and I believe that was Denny Varian -  spelling might be incorrect.  As I noted,  it was a great time that ended way too soon!!

Ron Muldowney

Date: 06/24/22 18:47
Author: gregscholl

steamfan759 Wrote:
> The whistle in the middle photo of 6325 at
> Sugarcreek is a PRR T-1 whistle owned by Jason
> Johnson.  That should be the same whistle that
> has recently been used on C&O 1309.  That is a
> great set of photos that Ron shared with us.  One
> of the runby's was in front of the trainmaster's
> house and I believe that was Denny Varian - 
> spelling might be incorrect.  As I noted,  it
> was a great time that ended way too soon!!
>
> Ron Muldowney

Thanks for confirming the whistle.  I always liked it on 6325 that weekend.  Yes we did a bunch of runbys at the trainmasters place.  I think I have 5-7 different scenes there which ended the day.
Greg

Date: 06/26/22 10:29
Author: masterphots

On one of those charters Jerry let various people had a time at the throttles.  Around Fresno, OH as I recall.   When David's turn came,  the fireman did something so the engine just puttered along and the photo line turned their backs (as pre-arranged) as it went by.  Great fun back then.  Then there was January 1993 when David came to Chile for our wedding. Talk about the life of the all-night party and our family here is still talking about how big he was.  RIP Goods.

Date: 06/29/22 06:49
Author: OHCR1551

Dave had to be sizable to carry around a heart that big.

You were at the first Trainfest, weren't you? 

Rebecca Morgan
Jacobsburg, OH

Date: 06/30/22 16:59
Author: masterphots

OHCR1551 Wrote:
> Dave had to be sizable to carry around a heart
> that big.
>
> You were at the first Trainfest, weren't you? 

I attended a couple,  not sure if it was the first one.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0684 seconds