Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Steam & Excursion > Cruse Ships are passing up Skagway account rock slide investigat.

Date: 07/31/22 17:03
Cruse Ships are passing up Skagway account rock slide investigat.
Author: PlyWoody

A rock slide a few days ago caused the Skagway wharf shut down for investigation of safety so ships are passing by.  Not what the WP&Y need besides a derailment.  
https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/why-you-might-not-be-able-to-stop-in-skagway-during-your-alaskan-cruise/ar-AA109B6K?ocid=winp1taskbar&cvid=7d06fa456c5d4cc39a0a58673127b8a7

Date: 08/01/22 07:30
Re: Cruse Ships are passing up Skagway account rock slide investi
Author: livesteamer

Keep in mind that not all the cruise lines use this particular dock location.  I think it is primarily used by Princess and Carnival.  NCL and HAL use other dock locations in the port of Skagway.  Princess and Carnival are looking into the feasibility of using tenders to disembark their passengers

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Date: 08/01/22 19:45
Author: webmaster

Here is a thread from the past showing the dock:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?4,4172806,4173339

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 08/01/22 22:54
Author: goduckies

There was 3 in Skagway 2 days ago the Miracle was on the Railroad dock and had to use the tenders... so they are still calling there. I'll post a picture of the slide when I'm on my other phone.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/22 23:00 by goduckies.

Date: 08/05/22 23:22
Author: UP6936

I was on a Princess Cruise that docked there on July 6 of this year. They used the tenders to get us a shore that day. The rock slide had happened sometime the week before from what we were told on the ship. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds