Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Steam & Excursion > Thomas at Strasburg again - FYI

Date: 09/12/22 09:15
Thomas at Strasburg again - FYI
Author: boejoe

Thomas the Tank Engine event at Strasburg RR in Lancaster County PA for four days later this week and week/end.  I noticed a large tent being constructed in the parking lot on their rail camera.
jb

Date: 09/12/22 12:35
Re: Thomas at Strasburg again - FYI
Author: ClubCar

The main thing to tell everyone is that the Thomas the Tank engine at the Strasburg Rail Road is a genuine 0-6-0 "Saddle Tank" Steam Engine, not the fake thing that many other places use with a diesel pulling and pushing the train.  There is a big difference especially for the children as this engine lives and breaths plus his eyes move from side to side.  I encourage everyone who wants their children to enjoy Thomas to please go up to Strasburg, which is not far east of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.  That is great country as well with the Amish People in the area too.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 09/12/22 13:45
Re: Thomas at Strasburg again - FYI
Author: Kemacprr

I figured it was that time of year when I noticed the ex NYC baggage cars usually at the end of track behind the Choo Choo Barn had been moved. Thats where they store much of the Thomas stuff. Hope they get good weather. --------- Ken 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.054 seconds