Home Open Account Help 317 users online

Steam & Excursion > Jay Leno’s White steam car ( with a wee bit of train content)

Date: 11/17/22 05:41
Jay Leno’s White steam car ( with a wee bit of train content)
Author: WrongWayMurphy

The video embedded in this story is the subject matter that is an entertaining
watch.  Jay burns his hand at the 4 minute mark starting the steam engine with
petrol, which is the same procedure he was going through when his recent tragedy
occurred.  The steam engine that powers the car is quite a marvel of engineering 
in its day, as is the car itself.  Like Jay says it's basically a railroad engine,  less tracks.

I tried to link just the video but this site won't let me.  It is about 3/4 into the print story.

Get well Jay !

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jay-leno-expected-to-make-full-recovery-car-fire-194128931.html

Date: 11/17/22 08:19
Re: Jay Leno’s White steam car ( with a wee bit of train conten
Author: BAB

Really sad deal but he knows the risk taken when operating it many back then suffered the same fate as he did. But typical Leno way of dealing with it, one last nights news seems it was reported during the news conference with with his doctor who said Leno was visiting with children in the burn unit giving out cookies.  The doctor just grinned after saying that and shook his head.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/22 08:21 by BAB.

Date: 11/17/22 11:22
Author: webmaster

I would love to bring him one of our railroad motorcars. I think he would get a kick out of it since he loves anything with an engine that rolls.

My son Mason saw him at a comedy club in Burbank last month and enjoyed his show.  It was a refreshing act without politics injected in.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 11/17/22 12:32
Author: dpudave

God bless, Jay. Thanks for years of laughs. d

Date: 11/17/22 17:13
Author: ajax247

I had a chance to ride a Stanley Steamer once. Amazing pickup. Very tenuous brakes. Super fun!!!

Date: 11/18/22 10:44
Author: MojaveBill

Riding in a Stanley sounds like a steam train is following you...

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 11/18/22 16:48
Author: Evan_Werkema

webmaster Wrote:

> I would love to bring him one of our railroad motorcars. I think he would get a kick out of it
> since he loves anything with an engine that rolls.

Amtrak was often the butt of jokes during his Tonight Show tenure.  Was that just schtick, or does he genuinely dislike trains?

Date: 11/18/22 17:33
Author: BAB

Evan_Werkema Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> webmaster Wrote:
>
> > I would love to bring him one of our railroad
> motorcars. I think he would get a kick out of it
> > since he loves anything with an engine that
> rolls.
>
> Amtrak was often the butt of jokes during his
> Tonight Show tenure.  Was that just schtick, or
> does he genuinely dislike trains?
Like most comedians they need somthing to talk about. One thing about Leno his shows not on TV I was told are family friendly unlike most other comedians

Date: 11/20/22 09:11
Author: jimeng

Jay is a great guy. We all wish him a speedy and full recovery. Treats you like his brother. Here I am in a photo with him.
Jay does indeed like trains. We even had him on a live steam locomotive at the Los Angeles Live Steamers. He has asked me detail questions on how I made stuff for the 1-1/2” scale Berkshires. I asked him one time if he thought of getting a locomotive. His response was, “well you know me, I like to drive stuff on the road.” If I remember right, he has five steam cars in his collection. His collection is something to see, but it is not open to the public.
I used to get into the Tonight Show before the crowd when he was the host. I guess it pays to know someone – ha!
Jim Kreider

Date: 11/20/22 09:34
Author: dan

i figured he was working on a regular carbed car

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds