Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Steam & Excursion > Another Mike & Ike Photo

Date: 11/17/22 05:08
Another Mike & Ike Photo
Author: gbmott

Adding to Mary's posts of the past few days.  Salem, Ill., October 1935.  John B. Allen photo
Gordon 

Date: 11/17/22 11:33
Re: Another Mike & Ike Photo
Author: swaool

Nice!  Should be ex-Mississippi River & Bonne Terre 31, later MI 6531 and supposedly sold to the Moffat Coal Company in Sparta IL according to https://www.steamlocomotive.com/locobase.php?country=USA&wheel=4-6-2&railroad=mrbt

mike woodruff
spokane

Date: 11/17/22 13:31
Author: MaryMcPherson

Back when you could get almost anywhere by train.  Nice!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 11/17/22 18:34
Author: ironmtn

Just beautiful, Gordon - thank you. A lovely little Pacific, nicely kept (even with the dents on the cylinder cover sheet), and of MR&BT heritage no less -- really something. As I mentioned previously in relation to Mary's images, having lived and worked for some years in Mike & Ike -- and Mississippi River & Bonne Terre -- territory, her images and this one are really very special to me.

And on a passenger train, too (I'd love to see an image of that car, coal stove chimney and all - nope wait - that's the train order signal - sorry). And an interesting, and quite short, tender -- one of the shortest I think I've ever seen. Wow - just exceptional.

MC

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/22 18:40 by ironmtn.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds