Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Steam & Excursion > BR&W's 9206 leading a "Santa Express"

Date: 11/26/22 12:09
BR&W's 9206 leading a "Santa Express"
Author: Pattenburg

Black River & Western has started running their "Santa Express" trains on Saturday. With rain forecasted for Sunday, I figured taking advantage of today's sunshine and warmer temperatures would be the best way to spend this morning. My first location of choice was the Hampton Corner Road Trestle in Flemington (NJ) but soon discovered the sun angle isn't the best' It made the train look like a silhouette passing over the trestle. I opted for my 'ol reliable location by the solar farm where the sunshine is really good. For me, shooting Pennsylvania 9206 proved to be the first time I have photographed this particular diesel. It is an EMD 1949 built SW-1 diesel locomotive of PRR heritage. 

Date: 11/26/22 12:50
Re: BR&W's 9206 leading a "Santa Express"
Author: dschlegel

Great photo Thom!

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/28/22 23:34
Re: BR&W's 9206 leading a "Santa Express"
Author: pdt

as much as i love all the equipment in this photo....end cab switchers in passenger service ....ehhhhh.

The only time i ever saw an end cab switcher in scheduled common carrier passenger service...was on the PRSL during the summer when they didnt need steam heat.....a baldwin S12 with 2 P70's.

Not complaining...im glad all this is running....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0381 seconds