Home Open Account Help 226 users online

Steam & Excursion > The Rescan Files: Close, But No Cigar

Date: 01/18/23 16:16
The Rescan Files: Close, But No Cigar
Author: MaryMcPherson

What do you get when you have point and shoot cameras combined with aspirations of being a photographer?  Well... something like this.

1. The Cotton Belt dispatcher held a couple of Union Pacific freight trains at Illmo, Missouri, for the Cotton Belt Star on June 13th, 1990.  The Union Pacific dispatcher retaliated north of Chester, Illinois, throwing a red on both the northbound Cotton Belt #819 and a southbound Cotton Belt freight.  The two offended freights that were held in Missouri were snaked through the crossover at Reiley, taking their rightful place ahead of the steam special and screwing the Cotton Belt freight in the process.  Ahhhhh, the joys of jointly operated routes!

2. Another shot of #819 cooling her heels at Reiley.

3. Here comes Frisco #1522 at St. Clair, Missouri!  My itchy trigger finger couldn't wait, and I fired off a shot of the train approaching.  Only then did I realize it was the last frame on the roll.  This is all I got here.  Well, ^*&$%!!!!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 01/18/23 16:19
Re: The Rescan Files: Close, But No Cigar

4. One more case of the itchy trigger finger prematurely firing with Frisco 1522 approaching at Pacific, Missouri.  Well... coulda been worse.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Date: 01/18/23 16:32
Author: refarkas

Good set - With today's photo editing software, decent photos are possible. I like these.
Bob

Date: 01/18/23 16:45

refarkas Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good set - With today's photo editing software,
> decent photos are possible. I like these.
> Bob

Thanks.  I've been looking at these as screw-ups for 32 years!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL

Date: 01/19/23 14:32
Author: redberan4449

MaryMcPherson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks.  I've been looking at these as screw-ups
> for 32 years!

Mary, you are WAY too hard on your self.  Some of the best photos from all of us resulted from a Photoshop edit.   
Ron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0352 seconds