Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Steam & Excursion > ORHC - turntable project 1/23 Update

Date: 01/23/23 17:28
ORHC - turntable project 1/23 Update
Author: asheldrake

Not real exciting but progress....today loads of gravel were added to the bottom of the pit along with compacting......the turntable pivot was moved out of the bulding after rehab in preparation for the move to it's final operating location.   Arlen

Date: 01/23/23 18:47
Re: ORHC - turntable project 1/23 Update
Author: wabash2800

ooh, ahh.

Victor Baird

Date: 01/23/23 20:29
Author: Railbaron

Arlen, I love these updates and appreciate you taking the time to do them, even on "boring" days. Your updates have become a regular part of my day and when there isn't one I feel as if my day is not complete. Keep up the great work.

Date: 01/23/23 20:39
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

I sense a need for an "ORHC Turntable Construction Project" support group after the table's first successful turn.

Date: 01/23/23 21:31
Author: asheldrake

Railbaron......viewers such as you keep me posting.....friendships with fellow volunteers keep me going......hopefully soon we will have some excellent time lapse videos done by Dale Birkholz available documenting this BFD project.   thanks for viewing.   Arlen

Date: 01/24/23 08:31
Author: BlaineM

Very much watching and learning this remarkable series how this construction and works.  Thank you for teaching old dogs new tricks.
Blaine
American Fork

Date: 01/24/23 09:00
Author: wingomann

I agree with everyone elses comments.  I too look forward to seeing the progress.  Thank you for posting.

Date: 01/24/23 10:58
Author: TTStetz3

I wonder when the turntable pivot will be filled with oil. Likely after it is installed on its new concrete center location?

Date: 01/24/23 13:06
Author: Jsporseen

I'll bet that the pivot is probably being put in place as I am posting this message.  I wanted to be there when it was done but was too early and can't change my afternoon plans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/23 13:13 by Jsporseen.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/24/23 13:41
Author: Jsporseen

Just noticed the 4449 in the front window of the the ORHC watching the activity outside.  I'm a little slow on the uptake sometimes.

Date: 01/24/23 16:27
Author: nycman

Thank you John and Arlen for the time you take to cover the progress and putting your photos and videos on here.  This truly is a BFD.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds