Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Steam & Excursion > N&W #611 on the move - across the road to the museum

Date: 01/31/23 18:59
N&W #611 on the move - across the road to the museum
Author: boejoe

I understand the 4-8-4 Class J, it's auxilliary tender and the tool car relocated from the Strasburg RR engine house area to the RR Museum of Pennsylvania across the highway this morning 1/31/23.  I understand that the owners requested the move not be seen on the video camera.
jb

Date: 01/31/23 19:10
Re: N&W #611 on the move - across the road to the museum
Author: rrman6

Really???  How can that demand be if the camera is on public ground or roadway?

Date: 01/31/23 19:23
Author: Tominde

rrman6 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Really???  How can that demand be if the camera
> is on public ground or roadway?

VRF camera owner/operator is a private company.  They can honor the rquest if they choose.  Not sure why the secrecy however.   

Any plans to move the J indoors?

Date: 01/31/23 19:32
Author: Spoony81

Probably didn’t want another potential mishap caught on camera ;-)

Date: 02/01/23 07:07
Author: steamfan759

I hope that the locomotive is properly drained as we have a severe cold front coming in later this week.  I do not want to see another fiasco like NKP 759 in Rouses Point many years ago!

Ron

Date: 02/01/23 07:25
Author: flash34

steamfan759 Wrote:
> I hope that the locomotive is properly drained as
> we have a severe cold front coming in later this
> week.  I do not want to see another fiasco like
> NKP 759 in Rouses Point many years ago!
>
> Ron

Between the 611 crew and the Strasburg shop I’m gonna bet that’s all been done properly.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/01/23 18:37
Author: mdogg

steamfan759 Wrote:
> I hope that the locomotive is properly drained as
> we have a severe cold front coming in later this
> week.  I do not want to see another fiasco like
> NKP 759 in Rouses Point many years ago!
>
> Ron

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Everything is fine.

Posted from Android

Date: 02/05/23 08:45
Author: NW611

Strasburg Pa. - The Virginia Museum of Transportation, Inc. is proud to announce a partnership with the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania to exhibit the Norfolk & Western Class J No. 611 for a limited time during the winter months of early 2023. 

With admission to the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, weather and conditions permitting, guests can safely view No. 611 among the historic locomotives and rolling stock in the Museum’s Train Yard.  We ask that while visiting No. 611 and the Museum’s collection please refrain from climbing on any equipment and obey all posted signage.

This collaboration continues the long-standing history between the Pennsylvania Railroad and the Norfolk & Western that began in 1900. The Pennsylvania Railroad began purchasing Norfolk & Western stock in 1900 and by 1964, owned about one third of the Norfolk & Western stock.

The Virginia Museum of Transportation, Inc. would like to thank the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania for hosting Class J No. 611 at this time and the Strasburg Rail Road for their continued partnership.

To visit the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania and see No. 611 on exhibit, hours and admission information can be found at https://www.rrmuseumpa.org/visit/hours-admissions.

2023 is starting another exciting year for No. 611.  Stay tuned for updates via official channels.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0557 seconds