Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Steam & Excursion > EBT 16 today

Date: 02/01/23 13:27
EBT 16 today
Author: Pork

From the EBT facebook page today.  Locomotive 16 is back.

https://fb.watch/iqy94PHMUo/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/23 17:25 by Pork.

Date: 02/01/23 13:54
Re: EBT 16 today
Author: dpudave

Definitely worth a look. Thanks for the link. Nice looking machine. d

Date: 02/01/23 15:33
Author: DRGWMark

FANTASTIC!!!

Also, do my eyes deceive me, or is that a "Nick" nameplate I see on the cab? If it is, then it's no doubt in honor of Nick Kovalchik - a fitting tribute!

Date: 02/02/23 05:53
Author: BKLJ611

Whoever is doing social media for EBT is doing a great job. Their Facebook posts have been great.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/02/23 05:56
Author: jcaestecker

Congratulations to all involved.  I'd put this event right up there with the 4014's return to service.

-John

Date: 02/02/23 07:02
Author: co614

Congratulations to everyone on the EBT team and special thanks to Wick Moorman, Bennett Levin and Henry Posner for taking the leadership role in bringing this national treasure back to life.

The leaders have formed the new East Broad Top Foundation ( EBTF) to facilitate the complete restoration of the 31 mile long railroad, the restoration of the extensive 19th. century steam powered shop complex at Rockhill, Pa. and eventually the return to service of all 6 steam locomotives. 

The is no question that this is the most significant railroad preservation currently underway and when finished years from now will have created a national attraction that will draw visitors from across the nation. 

I would ask any fellow steam lovers who can to join the Friends of the East Broad Top ( FEBT.org) and thus add your support to this important project.

Thanks, Ross Rowland 

Date: 02/02/23 07:53
Author: ts1457

co614 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>    The leaders have formed the new East Broad
> Top Foundation ( EBTF) to facilitate the complete
> restoration of the 31 mile long railroad, the
> restoration of the extensive 19th. century steam
> powered shop complex at Rockhill, Pa....

The shop has to be of interested to some outside of the rail enthusiast community.

Date: 02/02/23 12:38
Author: victortorgrimson

Incredible news, its so exciting to see this wonderful place come back to life!

Victor

Date: 02/02/23 17:08
Author: Tominde

This is so good.

Date: 02/02/23 17:40
Author: wabash2800

I plan on getting out there when EBT gets at least one more steam loco into operation and will probably hit other things in Pennsylvania like Strasburg, BM&R, etc. I plan on retiring in late 2024, perhaps the K-4 will be steamed up by then?
Victor Baird

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/23 13:11 by wabash2800.

Date: 02/02/23 18:46
Author: callum_out

That's a really nice picture, good looking engine but when are they going to finish it? You can see the drive wheels,
\what's up with that? And where are the counterweights? So good to see the EBT coming back, outside of the Uintah
inside framed Mikes were a rarity out in these parts. To me the best part is the section of line being reopened which
for me was the most interesting part of the railroad.

Out 

Date: 02/02/23 19:05
Author: wcamp1472

It took me a while...but, I finally figured out the dry humor
of the questions re: exposed 'counterweights', & outside-frames and such.

Back here in the East, "inside frames" on NG locos is more of the 'norm'...

W.

Date: 02/02/23 21:33
Author: callum_out

As I said, wasn't much of that in the West, what's amazing is how long it's been since the 16 ran, looks beautiful and
I'm sure runs just as well.

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0357 seconds