Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Steam & Excursion > ORHC Turntable project - 3/22/2023

Date: 03/22/23 10:12
ORHC Turntable project - 3/22/2023
Author: asheldrake

Damn....while I''m on the south altanttic. it is reported that Omega Morgan crews today are putting the turntable trucks into the pit.   hopefully pictures soon.    Arlen

Date: 03/22/23 15:58
Re: ORHC Turntable project - 3/22/2023
Author: Jsporseen

I've got fourteen pictures and videos of todays activities that I will post after dinner.  They will be in order as I took them.  Basically they show the trucks in the pit before the bridge arrived.  The arrival of the bridge close to the pit.  The crew doing a lot of last minute measuring.  The bridge pushed back behind the building to wait overnight until  the  final measuring is done tomorrow morning and then the actual installation, at least that is what Pat Tracy told me.

I can't get here until late morning tomorrow, if even then,  so I suppose I'll miss the exciting part.  It'll be a couple of hours beofre my pictures will be posted.

Sorry you're not here Arlen and I hope my pics don't give you seasickness.  For some reason, on one of the videos I was holding my phone through the fence and I was really shaky.  Don't know why but, at the age of 84, strange things do happen to me sometimes.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/23 20:40 by Jsporseen.

Date: 03/22/23 16:16

Actually I've got a few minutes so here are the first three, the first two of which are not actually mine but I don't think the owner will mind.  The remaining twelve, coming after dinner will actually be mine.  You can probably tell by the poorer quality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/23 16:17 by Jsporseen.

Date: 03/22/23 16:22

What the heck here are two more

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/23 20:40 by Jsporseen.

Date: 03/22/23 16:25

Three More

Date: 03/22/23 16:52
Author: nycman

Thanks, John, can't wait to see the rest.

Date: 03/22/23 17:28

Three More

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/22/23 17:34

Last Three - keep in mind they have pulled the bridge BACK behind the building and final measurements and actual installation will be tomorrow morning.  Just don't know if I can be there or not.

Date: 03/22/23 17:46

Just for information.  The turntable is on a huge remotely controlled dolly.  I couldn't really count the wheels but I would guess from the distance I was at it would be a minimum of six on each side.  Maybe more.  Stood right there and talked to Pat Tracy who I'm sure knew the answer, and forgot to ask him.

I cropped one of the pictures and you can barely see the dolly and it is difficult to count the wheels.  I think I see at least six on this side.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/23 19:12 by Jsporseen.

Date: 03/22/23 20:45
Author: 1lABRF20

asheldrake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Damn....while I''m on the south altanttic. it is
> reported that Omega Morgan crews today are putting
> the turntable trucks into the pit.   hopefully
> pictures soon.    Arlen. We where wondering how the table would make it from the tracks to the pit. A remote controlled dolly with eight or ten axles which where steering pretty sure ran under the deck and between the trucks and lifted it off of the trucks and carried it off towards the pit. We didn't get it in the pit today. Goes into the pit tomorrow.

Date: 03/22/23 20:59

Thanks a lot for your pictures and videos from a direction that I couldn't get to.  Loved seeing the turntable moved from the trucks on to the dolly.  Great seeing things close up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/23 21:03 by Jsporseen.

Date: 03/22/23 21:07
Author: PHall

Jsporseen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just for information.  The turntable is on a huge
> remotely controlled dolly.  I couldn't really
> count the wheels but I would guess from the
> distance I was at it would be a minimum of six on
> each side.  Maybe more.  Stood right there and
> talked to Pat Tracy who I'm sure knew the
> answer, and forgot to ask him.
>
> I cropped one of the pictures and you can barely
> see the dolly and it is difficult to count the
> wheels.  I think I see at least six on this side.

And each one of those wheels is a dual wheel.

Date: 03/23/23 06:53

There is no way that I can make it to the ORHC either today or tomorrow as much as I want to.  Saturday I can get over and see the the two day results and maybe snap a couple of my usual pics.

JOHN

Date: 03/23/23 07:21
Author: wabash2800

Let's hope someone gets out there and get's some live footage...

Victor Baird

Date: 03/23/23 11:30
Author: asheldrake

Victor, you make an excellent point....one that I continue to push on......one of our volunteers is a Dale Birkholz, retired phtographer from one of our tv channels.  Dale has been doing videos of all the major steps of the turntable project.  He is compressing them into time-lapse segments that are, in my less than humble opinion, fantastic.   we are NOT yet making them available to our visitors.....hence my PUSH.   thanks for watching our project!    Arlen

Date: 03/23/23 12:30
Author: nycman

This is a massive project and so far has shown that there is a well thought out plan to make it all happen. Great work and great planning.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0612 seconds