Home Open Account Help 286 users online

Steam & Excursion > Killers of the Flower Moon

Date: 05/20/23 10:47
Killers of the Flower Moon
Author: A-1

As a Martin Scorsese fan, I've been waiting for this film for a while now. A trailer is now out for it, featuring a few shots of Virginia & Truckee 29. Scorsese directing some of his favorite all stars and a slew of other talent plus a steamer in a gripping story has me all giddy.

https://fb.watch/kELQ18RtsY/?mibextid=NnVzG8

Posted from Android

Date: 05/20/23 12:02
Re: Killers of the Flower Moon
Author: RuleG

Thank you, A-1, for bringing this movie to our attention.  After watching the video and reading more about it on line, I am also looking forward to seeing this film.

Date: 05/20/23 13:11
Author: lynnpowell

This is definitely a "gotta-see" movie!  It is based on fact, and four years of research were done prior to the beginning of filming.  Most of the filming was done in Oklahoma.  Was #29 (?) trucked to Oklahoma for filming, or was some of the filming done in Nevada?

Date: 05/20/23 13:23
Author: A-1

lynnpowell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is definitely a "gotta-see" movie!  It is
> based on fact, and four years of research were
> done prior to the beginning of filming.  Most of
> the filming was done in Oklahoma.  Was #29 (?)
> trucked to Oklahoma for filming, or was some of
> the filming done in Nevada?

I actually found out about it by seeing a post somewhere with a couple pictures of 29 being trucked to Oklahoma for some movie work. Supposedly the depot in the film was a prop and about 500 feet of track was laid for the film.

I haven't read the book it's based on yet, but from what I've gathered, it's based on a pretty dark episode of our history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/23 13:25 by A-1.

Date: 05/20/23 17:17
Author: Txhighballer

Been waiting for this to come out. In the trailer, you can see a couple of ATSF boxcars in the station background. I wonder if those were added post production or if they were real...

Date: 05/20/23 21:32
Author: WP921

I watched the trailer.  Looks like it's going to be a very good movie, and is based on the book by David Grann.  The announced release date is in October.  I would have thought Paramount would have waited until November, since that is National Native American Indian Heritage Month.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0465 seconds