Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Steam & Excursion > Apparently lots going on inside the ORHC today but quiet outside

Date: 05/22/23 19:44
Apparently lots going on inside the ORHC today but quiet outside
Author: Jsporseen

Went by the ORHC around noon and stopped and snapped these two pics which are similar to what has been posted before.  Everything was quiet outside BUT there were lots of cars parked out back and all the doors were open back there so I would assume that since the building was not open to the public today there was most likely work going on on the various components for the bridge.

Since I have volunteered there for nine years and the lock to the front gate was unlocked, I most likely could have walked in and nobody would probably said anything.  Just thought it best to stay out and let them work.

The pictures though:

TOP - straight across from where the Fairmont switcher will be kept
BOTTOM - straight across from the short concrete pad to where the pad is that will bring the main access track on to the TT from around the east side of the building.

JOHN

Date: 05/23/23 08:02
Re: Apparently lots going on inside the ORHC today but quiet outs
Author: asheldrake

thanks John for the posting.....Mondays are typically Pacific Railroad Preservation Association (SP&S 700) volunteer work days and yesterday was one.  some 6 folk were working on it along with work continuing on the turntable bracing, dime (oregon's bottle bill) bagging, my cleaning out the caboose toilet room and conversations.   the Davenport switcher is in Lebanon at the AERC shops getting refurbished.  work will continue on the boneyard clear out in preparation for ground leveling before the installation of additional track off the turntable.  Arlen

Date: 05/23/23 23:16
Re: Apparently lots going on inside the ORHC today but quiet outs
Author: Jim700

Here's progress on one of the turntable drives as seen on May 17th.  The photo is a bit grainy because it's a 19% crop of the original photo taken through the turntable fence.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0441 seconds