Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Steam & Excursion > WW&F Ry

Date: 11/15/04 14:29
WW&F Ry
Author: SJH

Took this picture back in October up in Maine at the WW&F Railway's fall track-laying weekend. Hope you guys don't mind a bit of Maine 2-foot gauge here! Pictured: #10 heads south for another load of stone while diesel #52, with passenger train, waits on the freshly constructed siding at Alna Center.

Date: 11/15/04 15:48
Re: WW&F Ry
Author: Locoinsp

I don't mind "a bit of Maine two foot gauge" here!! In fact, more would be great! Thanks for posting.

Date: 11/15/04 16:31
Author: MTMEngineer

Locoinsp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't mind "a bit of Maine two foot gauge"
> here!! In fact, more would be great! Thanks for
> posting.

Yes! YES!

Date: 11/16/04 07:33

Glad to know there's some interest here, I'll try to post more pics as time goes by. Here's one looking across Humason Brook trestle from the fireman's side of #10. We were heading south toward Sheepscot with coach #3 and caboose #320 in tow.

Date: 11/17/04 00:46
Author: choochoocharlie

Thanks for the great shots of the Maine two footers. My parents used to go up to Maine every summer because my Aunt and Uncle owned a summer camp on East Pond near Oakland. Unfortunately,I don't think we ever went to see those narrow gauge railroads. Would love to see more photos........... C.C.Chas.

Date: 11/17/04 12:19

Here's one from this past summer's "Annual Picnic." In this photo #10 was picking up speed as she crossed Humason Brook with a mixed train. The days larger than normal crowds caused a bit of extra platform time, which in turn made keeping on schedule difficult.

The boxcar (#309) sat outside on a farm in Connecticut for over 60 years before being returned to home rails in Maine and being completely restored by WW&F Ry museum volunteers. It's outfitted with bunks inside and only used on special occasions.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.027 seconds