Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Steam & Excursion > Need MSTRP and PM 1225 "North Pole Express" info

Date: 11/14/04 09:29
Need MSTRP and PM 1225 "North Pole Express" info
Author: SilverSky

Can anyone advise if PM 1225 will be able to turn anywhere on the Owosso - Chesaning "North Pole Express" or if the locomotive will be run around the consist at some location? Or will there be a diesel on one end of the train? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Silver Sky

Date: 11/14/04 12:14
Re: Need MSTRP and PM 1225 "North Pole Express" info
Author: GTWGregg

They can turn the engine in Owosso but not Chesaning. They might run the engine forward to Chesaning, and then run around the train. Or they might do what they did for the 1988-1991 trips, put a diesel on one end.

Date: 11/15/04 00:32
Author: Hogger1225

There will be a diesel on the south end. We may have the diesel follow the the train north, then couple on to pull back, not sure yet.

Date: 11/15/04 06:23

Thanks for the update. There is a little narrrow gauge 4-6-0 in your neck of the woods that would make the trip even better. Steam in the cold (and snow?). Yeehaw!
Silver Sky

Date: 11/15/04 18:40
Author: MILW261s3

Well, thats no good... If the engine is facing north, it will be backlit all the time :(

-Kevin

Date: 11/15/04 20:05
Author: nycman

Silver Sky, are you going to ride? We will expect to see photos here, especially those of us who are too far away to get there.

Date: 11/16/04 18:02

Kevin,
Look at the time of day that most of the trips operate. It is nearly dark now at 430pm. Sometimes you just have to watch and soak it up with your mind. A video camera will do it justice with just a little light (stray street light, etc). Fitz, the trips are sold out but I am thinking of going up to do some daylight photography of the locomotive under steam and then maybe visit the Huckleberry Railroad and get my first look at their sweet little narrow gauge 4-6-0. If I go and get anything good, I'll share it with you.

Silver Sky

Date: 11/16/04 18:50
Author: nycman

Don, when I went to Michigan to run the 1225 a few years ago, and look up cousins, five brothers, whom I hadn't seen for years, one of them took me to the Huckleberry, on Father's day. No. 2 was running and it was a great experience. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0318 seconds