Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Steam & Excursion > R.J. Corman to expand his tourist train business

Date: 04/01/05 07:29
R.J. Corman to expand his tourist train business
Author: tucker

From a short story in today's Lexington Herald-Leader

Hear that Lonesome Whistle Blow --- Again
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story by Frank Collins

Nicholasville: Since 1987 R.J. Corman has taken millions of passengers on a journey back through time with his "My Old Kentucky Home" dinner train located in Bardstown and now it seems that Lexington is getting a train of it's own. Yesterday, R.J. Corman announced that starting next year passenger trains will return to Lexington. Spokesman for Mr. Corman said the train will depart Lexington for a scenic trip through the Bluegrass and then arrive at Frankfort, where the passengers will be able to tour some downtown's historic buildings and shops. The train will be pulled by a Chesapeake and Ohio steam locomotive that is currently at the Kentucky Railway Museum in New Haven, KY. No dates or ticket prices have been announced yet.

Date: 04/01/05 08:58
Re: R.J. Corman to expand his tourist train business
Author: indyspy

*looks at the date*

Date: 04/01/05 11:06
Author: ConrailTV-6

Frank Collins. May he R.I.P.

Date: 04/01/05 13:10
Author: NYCSTL8

I had run across this story also, but the version I heard said that Corman had found an intact L&N "Big Emma" in a scrapyard in Birmingham and was going to re-hab it for this service. I believe it was the 1962, one of the WWII Baldwins set up for passenger service. For a time it had been claimed that one of the 1949 Lima Emmas was there also, but I have heard no more about that for awhile.

Date: 04/01/05 15:13
Author: nycman

We all know that it will be powered by that New York Central J-3 Hudson that has been hidden in a barn since 1952.

Date: 04/03/05 11:22
Author: ohiotom

Gee...I heard they were using a Pennsy T1 that had been in government storage in an abandoned salt mine under Cleveland....

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0367 seconds