Home Open Account Help 282 users online

Nostalgia & History > Conrail units at Hudson,Oh -- Dec 78

Date: 09/23/05 17:19
Conrail units at Hudson,Oh -- Dec 78
Author: gcm

This is the ex-Pennsy station at Hudson,Ohio.
Looking east - the Pittsburgh line is to the left while the line south
to Akron,Orrville etc. is to the right.
I believe the Akron line is not being used and was considered for
Akron-Cleveland commuter service at one time.
Hudson is about 13 miles north of Akron and 23 south of Cleveland.

Date: 09/23/05 18:08
Re: Conrail units at Hudson,Oh -- Dec 78
Author: CRmac80

Nice shot of my home turf these days! That's an empty ore train(probably from Mingo Jc)on the Cleveland line with two ex Erie Lackawanna SDP-45's and a SD-45-2, also ex EL. I would guess that's COMY(old OM-8) over on the west leg of the Akron Branch "Y" judging by the power and time of day.The station had an operator and a "Servo" readout, and was a common crew change point in those early CR days.
The station remains standing today, although boarded up. I "spin power" on what's left of the "Y" on a regular basis. The Akron Branch is OOS 1500 ft south of the Y switch, and all switches are hand throws with dispatcher permission. Hudson is no longer an interlocking, there are no crossovers, and all signals are gone from this location- and the place is overgrown with trees.
Thanks for the look back...

RAD

ps: any shots of that ore train???

Date: 09/25/05 06:30
Author: trainmaster3

CRmac80 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would guess
> that's COMY(old OM-8) over on the west leg of the
> Akron Branch "Y" judging by the power and time of
> day.

I'm assuming that the COMY came off the Fort Wayne Line at Orrville? I ask that because I grew up next to the CA&C(just north of Columbus)and am interested in the segments of the line and how long they remained viable, etc..

Date: 09/25/05 12:20
Author: gcm

A little bit closer.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0438 seconds