Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Nostalgia & History > how about some Rio Grande?

Date: 11/08/05 08:11
how about some Rio Grande?
Author: xtra1188w

I don't know who the photographer was, but it was a good shot.
Of course anything that features the standard gauge steam, or 1st generatiion Rio Grande diesels was good. Even 2nd and 3rd generation Rio Grande is good stuff.

Con

Date: 11/08/05 08:14
Re: how about some Rio Grande?

here's another'n

Date: 11/08/05 08:19

Last'n fer now. I just had a weird thought; if Santa is Spanish for "saint", and Fe is the chemical symbol for "iron", is the Santa Fe Railroad the Saint Iron Railroad in english?

I dunno where such thoughts come from. Shrug!

Con

PS I don't know who the photographer of this picture was, but it's a dynamite shot of a 2-8-8-2 in Bond Colorado. Maybe I shouldn't have posted this image, since neither I, nor my Dad was the photographer, but I did scan it from a slide that's been in my collection for 30 years or so. What do y'all think?

Date: 11/08/05 10:23
Author: dan

perhaps tabernash for the first one, bond in the last one?

Date: 11/08/05 10:26
Author: eatontm

The first shot is from the east end of Tolland, CO both trains are facing east. I think you can keep posting them becuase who else is going to cover this era of the GRANDE? The shot at Bond is neat, too bad the water tower was taken down.

TME

xtra1188w Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do y'all think?

Date: 11/08/05 14:19
Author: tburzio

Hi!

> Santa is Spanish for "saint", and Fe is the

Santa Fe means "Holy Faith". The town of Santa Fe is at the lower end of the Blood of Christ Mountains (Sangre de Cristo or also Sangre de Christo).

TB

Date: 11/08/05 17:14
Author: SW_Chief

Thanks for posting these nice shots.

You aren't making money off of them, and you aren't intentionally or purposefully failing to give credit where credit belongs, so you're OK in posting them. Keep 'em coming!

Greg

Date: 11/11/05 13:40
Author: fboggle

The city is Santa Fe de San Francisco de Asis -- Holy Faith of St. Francis of Assisi

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds