Home Open Account Help 381 users online

Nostalgia & History > Roadmaster at Dale

Date: 12/11/05 21:27
Roadmaster at Dale
Author: xtra1188w

"Roadmaster at Dale" was written on this slide that was made by my late friend, Archie Campbell.

Archie used to tell me of some of the creative ways that trainmasters used to employ to hide from and spy on the working crews on the MoP and the Katy. I'll bet that some of you railroaders of today have your own stories too. Truckers used to have insurance spotters hide in white autos and try to catch us driving carelessly, but they were usually easy to spot. There was one freelance company that was bad, but my senior memory won't quite remmber their name. This outfit used to stretch what little misdeed they might catch us doing, since they got paid by grateful trucking company owners who wanted to know who their "bad" drivers were. I suspect that a similar situation existed on the railroads, and probably still does exist.

Con

Date: 12/12/05 08:30
Re: Roadmaster at Dale
Author: Frisco1522

I believe one of the more PG rated names would be "Weed Weasel".
You gotta feel good about your job when so many people are trying to catch you doing something wrong.

Date: 12/12/05 12:27
Re: Roadmaster at Dale
Author: ProAmtrak

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe one of the more PG rated names would be
> "Weed Weasel".
> You gotta feel good about your job when so many
> people are trying to catch you doing something
> wrong.

The bad part on that are the ones who do a bad job and then do a good job when the supervisor like that shows up, those are the ones that are always hard to catch!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds