Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Nostalgia & History > Two Blue Toasters

Date: 08/04/06 22:02
Two Blue Toasters
Author: MacBeau

Just three years before, the B40–8s had been the darlings of Conrail’s TV fleet, but by July 1993, this pair was distributing empty steel coil cars to the IHB at Burns Harbor—quite a fall from eating up the old Lake Shore & Michigan Southern at seventy mile-per-hour with a string of UPS trailers dancing behind. The sound of these two starting those long cuts was entertaining, but nothing even close to the rush of watching them approach at speed.
Be of Good Cheer,
—Mac

Date: 08/05/06 14:32
Re: Two Blue Toasters
Author: NscaleMike

You need to put together a travelogue of your railfan adventures Mac! You have so many great stories to go with your equally great images...Call it Travels with Mac! LOL

Date: 08/05/06 18:45
Re: Two Blue Toasters
Author: MacBeau

NscaleMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You need to put together a travelogue of your
> railfan adventures Mac! You have so many great
> stories to go with your equally great
> images...Call it Travels with Mac! LOL

Those are very kind words Mike, and I thank you. Since you have expressed a rare and inexplicable fondness for my pedantic prose and boilerplate black & white (does your insurance cover psychiatric care…never mind), I’ll post a photo and story tomorrow (Sunday) in honor and recognition of your esteemed patronage. I have one I’ve been sitting on that came back to me out of the darkness last month during my annual summer pilgrimage to the temple of insomnia—I hope you enjoy.
Be of Good Cheer,
—Mac

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds