Home Open Account Help 261 users online

Nostalgia & History > DRGW North Yard.. remember when....

Date: 10/09/06 15:01
DRGW North Yard.. remember when....
Author: rswebber

Remember when North Yard used to be 99% Rio Grande and the UP diesel was the exception and not the rule? This is what it looked like on June 15, 1983.

Date: 10/09/06 15:07
Re: DRGW North Yard.. remember when....
Author: highgreengraphics

Yup, I used to think Rio Grande was boring because there was little run-through power and it was 99.9% the same boring EMD's, especially after the RGZ and slag trains with the F's ended. It started when Rock Island didn't go to North Yard any more. Later on, especially on Tennessee Pass, trains with a Rio Grande leader were highly prized, and yes I have made more than one pilgrimage to Helper to do the dirt train, so live and learn I guess! -- -- -- -- JLH

Date: 10/09/06 16:43
Author: CalZephyr

Speaking of the North Yard, how about this? Taken from the D&RGW 1949 Annual Report.

CZ

Date: 10/09/06 17:21
Author: WAF

Things have changed "a bit" over the past 57 years

Date: 10/09/06 19:28
Author: bnsfbob

Yes, the overpass was useful for taking photos as well as underneath as a good place to "catch out". Bob

Date: 10/09/06 21:08
Author: NH2006

CalZephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Speaking of the North Yard, how about this? Taken
> from the D&RGW 1949 Annual Report.
>
> CZ

Wow! Back when the North Yard was in north "metro-Denver" and not stuck in the middle of urban sprawl!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.538 seconds